The Chinese philosopher Confucius once stated, “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Being a human can be hard. We all know this from experience. Our standard repertoire of emotions includes not only joy, excitement, and happiness, but also sadness, anger, and anxiety. We’re constantly responding to other people and external events in the best way we know how.
But sometimes our strategies don’t always serve us well. And sometimes our neurochemistry doesn’t cooperate with our goals. Sadness turns into depression. Anxiety turns into panic attacks. And marital conflict turns into divorce. But humans have an exceptional capacity for change and recovery. We can fall, then get up again. We can figure out better coping strategies. We can find better ways to regulate our emotions. We can make positive changes in our lives. Professional counseling services can help when you’re ready to enhance your mental outlook and functioning.
The licensed counseling and therapy services at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry La Habra can be the first step you take toward a better life. The mental health providers at Thriveworks have the expertise, compassion, and individualized attention to guide you toward insights that will be meaningful to you. In addition, the licensed psychiatrists at Thriveworks can assess you for mental health conditions that might be preventing you from achieving your goals.
What Do Mental Health Counselors and Psychiatrists Do?
Mental health counselors use talk therapy and evidence-based approaches to help clients find solutions to their problems. Their issues could be interpersonal or psychological. Clients might be struggling with substance abuse, grief, or depression. A counselor’s job is to listen attentively, empathetically, and help each client through therapeutic problem-solving.
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry La Habra employs licensed professional counselors (LPCs) who provide these premium counseling services. Thriveworks also employs the following additional mental health providers:
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs), who help couples and families navigate their intimate relationships.
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs), who offer counseling and guidance for social services.
- Psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs), who treat clients with psychotherapy (talk therapy) approaches tailored to the client. Psychologists can be counseling psychologists or clinical psychologists.
Psychiatrists (MDs) are medical doctors who can prescribe medications and manage short-term or long-term pharmaceutical drug treatments like antidepressants. Medication management can be a big part of their job, but they may also be skilled in a variety of psychotherapies.
What Are the Steps of Counseling?
Before you can begin the process of counseling, you need to choose the right counselor. Here are some basic criteria to help you:
- The mental health provider should be licensed in California. (All the mental health providers at Thriveworks are fully licensed in their state.)
- Therapy should be within your price range. Thriveworks providers accept most major forms of health insurance coverage. For people paying out-of-pocket, Thriveworks offers affordable self-pay rates.
- You should be able to meet with your provider comfortably and conveniently. Thriveworks counselors can meet with clients online in secure, HIPAA-compliant online counseling sessions. They can also meet clients in person at the modern office in La Habra.
- The therapist should be experienced with your issue. Thriveworks providers have a wide range of experience, in treating anxiety, postpartum depression, neurodiverse children, panic disorder, and much more. Thriveworks therapists also have extensive experience treating people with different racial, cultural, and gender identities.
A therapeutic relationship can be deeply personal. For example, some clients benefit from a confrontational therapy approach, and others benefit from a more nurturing approach. You’re permitted to have subjective responses to your therapist’s style and choose another provider.
Find Premium Support at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry La Habra
Reach out to Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry La Habra today and meet with your exceptional counselor as early as tomorrow. Most first-time Thriveworks clients have a session within 24-48 hours of their initial call. Thriveworks clients can choose in-person or online counseling. They can also access their provider by phone or email between sessions.
Thriveworks mental health providers are recruited from the top 4% of providers in the area. This means that clients can get premium therapy at reasonable prices. Call now to get matched with the counselor or therapist who can best help you. We look forward to giving you the support you deserve.