Find a Therapist at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Raleigh
Think about your health care needs. What professionals support your overall well-being? Many people see a primary care physician when they are ill or for preventative health care needs. Many also see specialized doctors—endocrinologists, oncologists, OB/GYNs, cardiologists, and more.
Many people lean on these professionals to keep their body fit and fueled. Not long ago, most people’s list would have stopped here, but these days, more and more people are including a life coach, therapist, or counselor on this list. These mental health professionals are supporting people’s overall well-being through caring for their minds and emotions.
The providers at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Raleigh agree: physical health is important and so is mental health. People are whole—in their mind and body. Physical health affects mental health. Mental health affects physical health. They both matter. Unfortunately, mental health has not always received its due.
Social stigmas have labeled counseling and therapy as “weak,” but the reality is that just as everyone will likely face physical health problems, they will also likely face mental health problems at some point. There is no shame in reaching out for help from a mental health professional, just as there is no shame in going to see a doctor.
At Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Raleigh, it is our privilege to stand with our clients as they fight for their mental health. Our therapists, counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists, and life coaches are often able to provide support and guidance that bring symptom relief, professional advancement, and personal growth. And they can do so in in-person counseling or online counseling—it’s whatever works best for you.
Mental Health and Life’s Challenges
What are the two guarantees in life? Yes, death and taxes. Let’s add a third: life is a rollercoaster. Everyone has ups. Everyone has downs. Life is full of joys and challenges, opportunities and setbacks. How people respond, however, is not a guarantee.
Think about these situations. What difference could guidance and support make for responding to these challenges and opportunities?
- Your job is a fantastic fit. It’s just right for your experience and skills. You are well-liked and doing well. But will it be a good fit in three years? If you were to make a change, what would it be? A new career? Moving up the ladder?
- You and your family just relocated, and your teens are not adjusting well. They are sweet kids, but it has been a rough six months since they found out they were moving. You have done what you know to be supportive, but you are out of ideas.
- You recognize this habit is trouble. You want to stop. You have tried to stop. What started as occasional use has become daily use, and every time you take two steps forward, you take one step back.
- You are the luckiest. Everything is going really well with you and your partner. You moved in together a while ago, and you are head over heels. You have been talking about the possibility of marriage. What’s the right next step to keep growing as a couple?
- Life has changed on a dime. Your dearest friend, your confidant, your other half was here one day and not the next. Grief is overwhelming. It hurts to breathe. How could life ever be normal again?
Can you resonate with any of these situations? Most can in some way, shape, or form. Perhaps the details differ, but the feelings are the same. When life presents an opportunity or a challenge, many people invite mental health professionals to help them navigate the emotions and the relational dynamics of their given situation.
Family therapists, psychotherapists, psychiatrists, social workers, clinical psychologists, and counselors can often help people process their feelings, stay focused upon what matters, and find the mental health care options they need.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Raleigh?
At Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Raleigh, every client receives personalized care. Our professionals tailor treatment to each individual, and we work hard to establish therapy as a place where clients can share freely and without fear or judgment. A few of the reasons clients have pursued mental health care at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Raleigh include:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
Through counseling, therapy, and/or psychiatry services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Depression and anxiety
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists, family therapists, and counselors to clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
Each client receives individualized care, and treatment plans are based upon the specific issues that clients present. There is no one way to respond to these issues, and so clients and therapists often work together to find the treatment options that are most effective for their particular circumstances.
The Benefits of Psychiatry Counseling
If you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, or another mental health issue, there is likely a physical and mental component to what you’re experiencing. As medical doctors, psychiatrists can conduct a comprehensive evaluation of your symptoms and determine an appropriate course of action.
Depending on your situation, you may benefit from medication, counseling services, psychotherapy, or a multifaceted approach. Psychiatrists are also equipped to administer exposure therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and various other forms of therapy.
If you’re struggling with mental health issues, contact Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Raleigh today to get access to expert psychiatry counseling via online therapy.
Appointments at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Raleigh
Are you considering making an appointment for counseling or therapy? Consider reaching out to Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Raleigh. When new clients call our office, here is what they can expect…
- Our Scheduling Specialist will answer your call and help you find an appointment time that works for you.
- You may have your first appointment within 24 hours of your call. New clients often meet with their coach, therapist, psychiatrist, or counselor the following day.
- Evening and weekend sessions are offered.
- Many insurance plans are accepted.
- We do not have a waitlist, but we prefer to have our clients receive the guidance they need when they need it.
Contact Thriveworks today for your first in-person or online counseling appointment today.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Raleigh Located?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Raleigh is located at 8406 Six Forks Rd Suite 104, Raleigh, NC 27615, next to Spherion.
If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!