Mental Health Care in Raleigh, NC—Life Coaching, Therapy, and Counseling
Think about your health care needs. What professionals support your overall well-being? Many people see a primary care physician when they are ill or for preventative health care needs. Many also see specialized doctors—endocrinologists, oncologists, ob/gyns, cardiologists, and more. What about a trainer at the gym? Or nutritionist? Many people lean on these professionals to keep their body fit and fueled. Not long ago, most people’s list would have stopped here, but these days, more and more people are including a life coach, therapist, or counselor on this list. These mental health professionals are supporting people’s overall well-being through caring for their minds and emotions.
“People talk about physical fitness, but mental health is equally important. I see people suffering, and their families feel a sense of shame about it, which doesn’t help. One needs support and understanding.” —Actress Deepika Padukone
The staff at Thriveworks Raleigh agrees: physical health is important and so is mental health. People are whole—in their mind and body. Physical health affects mental health. Mental health affects physical health. They both matter. Unfortunately, mental health has not always received its due. Social stigmas have labeled counseling and therapy as “weak,” but the reality is that just as everyone will likely face physical health problems, they will also likely face mental health problems at some point. There is no shame in reaching out for help from a mental health professional, just as there is no shame in going to see a doctor.
At Thriveworks Raleigh, it is our privilege to stand with our clients as they fight for their mental health. Our therapists, counselors, and life coaches are often able to provide support and guidance that bring symptom relief, professional advancement, and personal growth.
Mental Health and Life’s Challenges
What are the two guarantees in life? Yes, death and taxes. Let’s add a third: life is a rollercoaster. Everyone has ups. Everyone has downs. Life is full of joys and challenges, opportunities and setbacks. How people respond, however, is not a guarantee. Think about these situations. What difference could guidance and support make for responding to these challenges and opportunities?
- Your job is a fantastic fit. It’s just right for your experience and skills. You are well-liked and doing well. But will it be a good fit in three years? If you were to make a change, what would it be? A new career? Moving up the ladder?
- You and your family just relocated, and your teens are not adjusting well. They are sweet kids, but it has been a rough six months since they found out they were moving. You have done what you know to be supportive, but you are out of ideas.
- You recognize this habit is trouble. You want to stop. You have tried to stop. What started as occasional use has become daily use, and every time you take two steps forward, you take one step back.
- You are the luckiest. Everything is going really well with you and your partner. You moved in together a while ago, and you are head over heels. You have been talking about the possibility of marriage. You are excited. You are nervous. What’s the right next step to keep growing as a couple?
- Life has changed on a time. Your dearest friend, your confidant, your other half was here one day and not the next. Grief is overwhelming. It hurts to breathe. How could life ever be normal again?
Can you resonate with any of these situations? The good or the bad? Most like you can in some way, shape, or form. Perhaps the details differ, but the feelings are the same. When life presents an opportunity or a challenge, many people invite mental health professionals to help them navigate the emotions and the relational dynamics of their given situation. Life coaches, therapists, and counselors can often help people process their feelings, stay focused upon what matters, and find the mental health care options they need.
At Thriveworks Raleigh, every client receives personalized care. Our professionals tailor treatment to each individual, and we work hard to establish therapy as a place where clients can share freely and without fear or judgment. A few of the reasons clients have pursued mental health care at Thriveworks Raleigh include…
- Grief counseling
- Child therapy
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive tendencies
- Job loss
- Executive coaching
- Suspected abuse of a child
- Couples and marriage counseling
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Cannabis use
- Career advancement
- LGBTQ sensitive counseling
- Anger management
- Psychiatric testing
- Family tension
Each client receives individualized care, and treatment plans are based upon the specific issues that clients present. There is no one way to respond to these issues, and so clients and therapists often work together to find the treatment options that are most effective for their particular circumstances.
Appointments for Therapy, Coaching, or Counseling at Thriveworks Raleigh, NC
Are you considering making an appointment for mental health care? Consider reaching out to Thriveworks Raleigh. When new clients dial our office, here is what they can expect…
- Our Scheduling Specialist will answer your call and help you find an appointment time that works for you.
- You may have your first appointment within 24 hours of your call. New clients often meet with their coach, therapist, or counselor the following day.
- Evening and weekend sessions are offered.
- Many insurance plans are accepted.
- We do not have a waitlist, but we prefer to have our clients receive the guidance they need when they need it.
Contact Thriveworks today.
Our Clients Get More
We call this The Thriveworks Difference
|Thriveworks||Typical Counseling Practice|
|Offices open early and late|
|Same- or next-day appointments|
|Appointments start on time||Unlikely|
|Care at 90+ locations|
|Phone access to your provider between sessions|
|Email access to your provider between sessions|
|Providers that accept major insurance plans|
|Online counseling opportunities||Unlikely|
|Ask-a-coach 24hr Q&A|
|Exclusive video content|
|Counselor-moderated community discussion|
|Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations|
|A free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”|