At Thriveworks, we provide tailored counseling and psychiatry services for your mental well-being and growth. Our team of skilled therapists and psychiatric professionals offers personalized support to help navigate life’s challenges. Whether it’s specific concerns or deeper mental health exploration, Thriveworks commits to partnering with you.
Our collaborative approach, blending evidence-based practices and compassionate care, aims to empower you. Scheduling an appointment with Thriveworks isn’t just seeking help; it’s a proactive step towards a more fulfilling life, supported by dedicated professionals. Book your session today.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Boston Counseling & Psychotherapy, we offer:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHCs): Trained to provide mental health counseling.
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers (LICSWs): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs): Focused on relationship and family-related issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Boston Counseling & Psychotherapy, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (617) 380-4651 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is in need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
What Are the Benefits of Booking With Thriveworks?
No Waiting List Policy
In Cambridge, waiting lists for a counseling appointment can be weeks or longer. At Thriveworks, we adhere to a strict “no waiting list” policy. The way we see it, if you’re ready to begin counseling therapy or life coaching, the least we can do is help you to schedule your first session right away.
Most new clients are offered an appointment within one week of their call to us.
Extended Weekend and Evening Hours
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Cambridge offers sessions at times that fit your schedule; daytimes, weekends, and evenings.
Our current hours of operation are from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Even if you need an appointment outside of our posted schedule — say at 7 a.m. on a Tuesday or 3 p.m. on a Sunday — don’t hesitate to contact us. Our clinicians are often willing to schedule clients outside of our already extended hours.
We hire only the best of the best clinicians to work with our clients, so that you will always receive quality, personalized care from a trusted and qualified provider.
Contact Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Cambridge
The therapists, psychiatric providers, and coaches at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Cambridge are looking forward to working with you.
Your problems do not have to rule your life. Your goals do not have to remain out of reach. You’re about to embark on a brave journey toward meaning and fulfillment. Contact our office and we will handle all the details.
Call us today to set up your first session and start the process of change.