Counseling offers us a place to open up about our grievances. It provides us with an opportunity to gain perspective on our personal challenges. It enables us to better understand, manage, and overcome these challenges, thanks to professional guidance and support.
Whether it’s conducted in-person or in an online environment, counseling proves to help people improve their mental and emotional health. Not to mention it leads them toward greater happiness and success, too. In a nutshell, counseling is a powerful tool for becoming the healthy, happy, successful individuals we deserve to be.
We can find many different benefits in counseling. We might decide to pursue counseling because we’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed; we might decide to pursue counseling because we’re depressed or feeling anxious; we might decide to pursue counseling for a number of other reasons.
In any case, at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Manchester, your counselor or therapist will build an effective treatment plan for you based on your needs and your goals for counseling. If you’d like to start a relationship with one of our providers and experience our counseling services, give our Manchester office a call today.
What Can I Expect from Counseling? How Does It Work?
Scheduling and attending your first counseling session can be intimidating. Knowing what to expect at your first counseling session can alleviate your nerves and make you feel better about this decision. Here are the basics:
- First, you’ll have to fill out some paperwork about your medical history, insurance, and other basic information. This is pretty standard anytime you meet with a new doctor!
- Then, you’ll likely answer a few questions from your counselor, too. These questions might cover some of the same information from your paperwork, but your counselor will want to clear up any misunderstandings and gather more details.
- Your counselor will also explain that everything you share with them is confidential. You are in a safe and secure place, free of judgment.
- Once the above has been covered, your counselor will be able to focus on getting to know you! They will want to understand what has brought you into counseling, what you might be struggling with, and what you’re hoping to achieve during your time in counseling. This information will help them design a plan that will meet your needs and help you achieve the goals you’ve set for yourself.
From there, your counselor will continue to empower you to grow, heal, and achieve more with every session. If you’re ready to get started, reach out to Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Manchester—we can set you up with a counselor, therapist, psychiatrist, psychologist, or life coach in Manchester, CT now.
Why Online Psychiatry?
With Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Manchester, our psychiatric services are completely virtual; you can get personalized mental health care from the location of your choice: As long as you have reliable internet and sufficient privacy, you’re set to talk from anywhere. Online psychiatry may be appealing if you want to:
- Eliminate the need to commute to a brick-and-mortar location: If you have reliable internet and a private space to talk with your psychiatrist, you’re set. Attend your session from home, the office—wherever.
- Reduce the anxiety you might feel about seeking mental health services: it can be easier to discuss concepts or situations related to your mental health needs.
- Prioritize your mental health: Take care of your emotional wellbeing, even if you have a busy work or travel schedule. Parents or those taking care of elder relatives can have the opportunity to take care of themselves, too.
You can rest easy knowing that your conversations will be kept confidential— our online sessions adhere to the same strict HIPAA privacy regulations as our in-person sessions do.
Schedule an Appointment at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Manchester
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Manchester would be happy to set you up with one of our caring, compassionate, and skilled mental health professionals in Manchester, CT. If you’d like to get started with in-person or online counseling, just call our office or book your appointment using our online booking widget. Either way, we’re so happy that you’ve decided to take this leap and we can’t wait to join you on your journey.