In-Person and Online Counseling Services in Manchester, CT
Counseling offers us a place to open up about our grievances. It provides us with an opportunity to gain perspective on our personal challenges. It enables us to better understand, manage, and overcome these challenges, thanks to professional guidance and support.
Whether it’s conducted in-person or in an online environment, counseling proves to help people improve their mental and emotional health. Not to mention it leads them toward greater happiness and success, too. In a nutshell, counseling is a powerful tool for becoming the healthy, happy, successful individuals we deserve to be.
The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.”
We can find many different benefits in counseling. We might decide to pursue counseling because we’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed; we might decide to pursue counseling because we’re depressed or feeling anxious; we might decide to pursue counseling for a number of other reasons. In any case, at Thriveworks Counseling in Manchester, CT, your counselor or therapist will build an effective treatment plan for you based on your needs and your goals for counseling. If you’d like to start a relationship with one of our providers, give our Manchester office a call today.
What Can I Expect from Counseling? How Does It Work?
Scheduling and attending your first counseling session can be intimidating. Why? Because it’s new, unexplored territory. Knowing what to expect at your first counseling session can alleviate your nerves and make you feel better about this decision. Here are the basics:
- First, you’ll have to fill out some paperwork about your medical history, insurance, and other basic information. This is pretty standard anytime you meet with a new doctor!
- Then, you’ll likely answer a few questions from your counselor, too. These questions might cover some of the same information from your paperwork, but your counselor will want to clear up any misunderstandings and gather more details.
- Your counselor will also explain that everything you share with them is confidential. You are in a safe and secure place, free of judgment.
- Once the above has been covered, your counselor will be able to focus on getting to know you! They will want to understand what has brought you into counseling, what you might be struggling with, and what you’re hoping to achieve during your time in counseling. This information will help them design a plan that will meet your needs and help you achieve the goals you’ve set for yourself.
From there, your counselor will continue to empower you to grow, heal, and achieve more with every session. If you’re ready to get started, reach out to Thriveworks—we can set you up with a counselor, therapist, psychologist, or life coach in Manchester, CT now.
Mental Health Services Offered at Thriveworks in Manchester
If you’re thinking about working with a counselor, there is likely a service that will best help you get to where you need to be. For example, if you’re feeling anxious, anxiety therapy will help you manage your symptoms, explore causes of your anxiety, and overcome this disorder. On the other hand, if you’re dealing with problems in your marriage, marriage counseling can help you address these problems and mend your relationship.
We offer anxiety therapy, marriage counseling, and other mental health services here at Thriveworks Counseling in Manchester. Here is a more comprehensive list:
- Anxiety therapy
- Marriage counseling and couples therapy
- Depression therapy
- Stress management counseling
- Anger management counseling
- Trauma therapy and PTSD counseling
- Child therapy
- Family therapy
- Grief and loss counseling
As we mentioned earlier, your counselor will take your needs and goals into account in designing your treatment plan, which might involve one (or more) of the services above.
Schedule an Appointment at Thriveworks Counseling in Manchester, CT
Thriveworks Counseling would be happy to set you up with one of our caring, compassionate, and skilled mental health professionals in Manchester, CT. If you’d like to get started with in-person or online counseling, just call our office or book your appointment using our online booking widget. Either way, we’re so happy that you’ve decided to take this leap and we can’t wait to join you on your journey.
Our Clients Get More
We call this The Thriveworks Difference
|Thriveworks||Typical Counseling Practice|
|Offices open early and late|
|Same- or next-day appointments|
|Appointments start on time||Unlikely|
|Care at 100+ locations|
|Phone access to your provider between sessions|
|Email access to your provider between sessions|
|Providers that accept major insurance plans|
|Online counseling opportunities||Unlikely|
|Ask-a-coach 24hr Q&A|
|Text support via our Success Navigator|
|Exclusive video content|
|Counselor-moderated community discussion|
|Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations|
|A free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”|