The great NFL quarterback Russell Wilson once stated, “If we start being honest about our pain, our anger, and our shortcomings instead of pretending they don’t exist, then maybe we’ll leave the world a better place than we found it.” Wilson is just one of the many celebrities who have spoken up in recent years about their mental health journeys. But tackling the outdated stigma surrounding mental health conditions and treatment, famous people like Wilson can inspire others to get the support they need.
The mental health providers at Thriveworks in Spring, TX are equipped with the compassion and expertise needed to help people navigate life’s complexities. Thriveworks providers are fully licensed and recruited from the top 4% of applicants, ensuring that they’re among the most qualified to render speciality services like psychiatry, psychotherapy, and counseling.
What Are the Different Kinds of Mental Health Providers?
The mental health field is divided into various specialties. At Thriveworks in Spring, TX, people may encounter the following providers:
- Psychotherapists, who provide talk therapy. Psychotherapists can hail from a number of disciplines.
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs), who offer short-term, solution-focused counseling services.
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs), who help couples and families enhance their interpersonal relationships.
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs), who offer counseling and guidance for social services.
- Psychiatrists (MDs), medical doctors who can prescribe medications and manage short-term or long-term pharmaceutical drug treatments like antidepressants, as well as provide psychotherapy.
- Psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs), who use psychotherapy approaches tailored to the client. Psychologists can be counseling psychologists or clinical psychologists.
What Does Counseling Accomplish?
Counseling is meant to help accomplish a client’s goals. Thriveworks treatment is always highly individualized. This means that there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to helping a client at Thriveworks in Spring, TX. People seek therapy for all sorts of reasons, including the following mental health conditions and life issues:
- Major depression disorder (MDD) and other mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Mild depression
- Burnout or work stress
- Anorexia or bulimia
- Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)
- Empty nest syndrome
- Alcohol use disorder (AUD)
- Addiction or substance abuse
- Behavioral problems
- Emotional regulation
- Difficulty coping
- Marital problems or relationship issues
- Difficulty managing stress
- Low self esteem
- Life changes
But it’s not true that someone needs to be in crisis to see a counselor. Licensed mental health providers are trained to listen closely and give insight into all manner of experiences.
What Are the Different Types of Psychotherapy?
There are a number of evidence-based psychotherapy specializations that can help people work through their complex issues. At Thriveworks in Spring, TX, counselors will comprehensively evaluate their clients and help come up with a personalized treatment plan that may include one or a few of the following approaches:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT)
- Person-centered therapy (PCT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Exposure therapy, especially for phobias
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Mindfulness therapy
- Substance abuse counseling
- Supportive-expressive therapy
- Anger management
- Holistic treatments like progressive muscle relaxation and meditation
- Emotion-focused therapy (EFT)
- Narrative therapy
- Motivation enhancement therapy (MET)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy (EMDR)
- Family therapy
- Couples therapy or marriage counseling
What Should I Look for in a Therapist?
It can be hard to know where to begin once you decide to start the valuable process of therapy. Choosing a therapist can be highly subjective. But there are a few basic criteria that can be helpful to keep in mind:
- The therapist should be fully licensed in Texas. All the mental health providers at Thriveworks are fully licensed in their respective states.
- Counseling should be affordable. Thriveworks providers in Spring, TX accept most major forms of health insurance coverage. For people paying out-of-pocket, Thriveworks offers competitive self-pay rates.
- You should be able to meet with your therapist in comfort, at your convenience. Thriveworks counselors in Harris County can meet with clients virtually in secure, HIPAA-compliant online counseling sessions. They can also meet clients in-person at the modern office in Spring, TX.
- The provider should be experienced. Thriveworks providers treat a wide variety of issues like social anxiety, postpartum depression, neurodiverse children, panic attacks, and much more, for a diverse clientele.
Call an Exceptional, Licensed Counselor at Thriveworks in Spring, TX
The mental health providers at Thriveworks in Spring, TX are available to meet with new clients quickly, usually within 24-48 hours. Just call the Thriveworks office to get matched to your ideal therapist. As an additional membership benefit, Thriveworks clients can access their provider by phone or email between sessions. Whether clients choose virtual sessions or in-person counseling, the sessions are of the same length and quality.
It’s never too late to begin the hard work of being happy. Talking to a therapist can enrich your life in ways that are hard to imagine. Get started on your journey today by calling Thriveworks.