“How are you?” “Fine.” “I’m okay.” “Good.” We ask this question several times a day, but rarely do we give an honest answer. If we were honest, our answers would probably look more like the following:
- “Not so great. I got stuck in traffic and was late to work this morning.”
- “I’ve been better. I feel stressed about everything that’s on my plate.”
- “I’m a little upset. My boyfriend and I got into a big fight last night.”
- “I’m hanging in there. I feel anxious lately but I’m trying to manage it.”
We’ve been conditioned to respond with simpler answers that don’t invoke further conversation, as “how are you?” has become a mere greeting. But it’s important to know that it’s okay to not be “okay”, “fine”, or “good.” It’s okay and normal to feel not-so-great, stressed, upset, anxious, or any other human emotion. What matters is how we manage or respond to these tough feelings so that we can feel good and happy again.
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” –Confucius
We might not talk to our coworkers, friends, family members, acquaintances, strangers about how we’re actually feeling. But we can and should talk to someone. Someone like a counselor. Counselors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and life coaches specialize in talking to people about their feelings, life challenges, and any concerns that relate to your mental health. If you think that you could benefit from talking to someone, consider reaching out to Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Duluth. We can provide you with onsite or online counseling. We’re dedicated to helping people live happy, successful lives and we would be honored to help you.
Counseling Options at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Duluth
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Duluth, we offer a variety of mental health services. We also offer a variety of options for receiving these services. When you schedule your appointment, you’ll get to choose from in-person appointments, telephone counseling sessions, and video counseling sessions. If you have a preference for in-person or online counseling, please select the option that you believe will best suit your needs. If you aren’t sure which would be best, feel free to try both! Or, you can talk to our scheduling specialists about all of your options more extensively.
Now, regardless of whether you choose to meet with your counselor in person or virtually, our providers can provide you with many different mental health services. For example, we offer:
- Counseling for anxiety, depression, and other mental illnesses
- Couples therapy and marriage counseling for relationship issues
- Grief counseling for grief and loss
- Trauma therapy and PTSD counseling for victims of trauma
- Family therapy for families who have unhealthy relationships or are stuck in conflicts
- Life coaching and career coaching for those who are lacking success or fulfillment
These are just a few of your options. You can tell our scheduling specialists what has brought you into counseling, and they can help to pair you with the provider who has the right skills, training, and experience.
What are the Benefits of Working With Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Duluth?
The benefits of working with a Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Duluth counselor are many. On top of gaining the dedicated, compassionate help of a mental health professional, you can look forward to:
- Flexible session options: We understand that many people just can’t make it in for a daytime appointment during the workweek. This is why we offer evening and weekend sessions, too! Please choose the appointment slot that works for you and your schedule.
- Online counseling opportunities: As we mentioned earlier, we have both onsite and online counseling available to our clients. If you’d prefer to start an online relationship with your counselor, that works for us. Again, please choose what works best for you.
- Text support: In addition, we offer text support via our Success Navigator. We’ll text you after your session to ensure you are having a positive experience with your counselor. You can also text us about billing or rescheduling/canceling your appointment.
If you’re ready to begin counseling and you’d like to experience these benefits (and more) for yourself, just contact Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Duluth. Our providers are here and they’d like to make a difference in your life.
Connect with a Virtual Psychiatrist at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Duluth
If you’ve been dealing with a mental health disorder and you don’t know where to turn, psychiatry counseling may offer the relief you’re looking for.
Psychiatry is a field of medicine that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental illnesses. Diagnosing and treating mental and emotional disorders can be extremely complex due to the interconnected nature of the mind and the body. This calls for a comprehensive view that psychiatrists are able to offer thanks to their medical backgrounds.
Treatment for a mental illness typically involves medication, psychotherapy, or some combination of those approaches. If you’re interested in seeing what a licensed psychiatrist can do for you, get in touch with Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Duluth today.
Schedule a Counseling Appointment at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Duluth
How are you? No, really—how are you? If you’re struggling in any which way, consider talking to a counselor. It’s okay to not be okay, but it’s important that you work through any difficult emotions or other mental health problems appropriately.
To begin a relationship with one of our skilled, caring psychiatrists, therapists, or other mental health counselors, please call our office. We can get you scheduled right away.
Not sure if this was done purposefully but the H1 tag is longer than the character limit.