Wilkes-Barre, PA’s Life Coaches
Hailey has to make a big decision and choose between the riskier or safer path. She could stay at her current job—that is the safe option. Hailey likes her job, but she does not love it. She wonders how long she can stay without being bored. The riskier option is going into business with her brother. Since Hailey and her brother were kids, they have wanted to work together, and he came to her last week with a plan. His business plan is risky, but it could work. If it did, Hailey knows she would not just tolerate her job—she would love it. Before giving her brother an answer, Hailey meets with her life coach. Together, they dream about, analyze, discuss, and map out each option. After her appointment, Hailey knows what she is going to do, and she is confident in the decision.
Marco thought he was ready for this new adventure, but he is having second thoughts. He always wanted to move to the other coast, and when a job opened up within his company, he jumped at the opportunity. Marco got the job and moved in six weeks. The reality is starting to sink in, and he is wondering how he is going to set up a brand new life. For the past 15 years, he has lived in the same home, shopped at the same stores, and eaten at the same restaurants. On a whim, Marco makes an appointment with a life coach. Over the next few weeks, Marco and his life coach make a plan. Marco’s worry is subsiding as his excitement is building, and he continues to teleconference with his life coach throughout the transition. A year later, Marco is so glad he is on this adventure and that he has the guidance of his life coach.
It is not just athletes who benefit from excellent coaching. Every day, people are leaning upon life coaches as they maneuver through life transitions and toward big goals. Thriveworks Wilkes-Barre offers life coaching, and our professionals have worked with many clients, helping them fulfill their potential.
Who Are Life Coaches?
Life coaches are a part of the myriad of mental health care professionals. It is a relatively new profession, and a discipline that is still developing. Life coaches have more flexibility than conventional therapy. They often adapt to a client’s particular needs. Here is a more full picture of what life coaches do:
- The purpose of life coaching is to support clients as they reach their potential.
- Appointments are often focused upon a client’s goals—setting and achieving realistic targets.
- Life coaches each have a particular style.
- Appointments may be personalized to a client’s needs and preferences.
- Therapy and life coaching are different professions. However, some counselors are life coaches, and vice versa.
- The International Coach Federation (ICF) suggests ethical standards for life coaches that are not obligatory.
- There are no regulations that define who can call themselves a life coach. There are no binding licensures or certifications.
- Life coaches can work in an independent practice.
- Life coaches can work in coordination with other therapeutic and medical professionals.
- Certain techniques that life coaches utilize are founded upon techniques that athletic coaches use.
“Each person holds so much power within themselves that needs to be let out. Sometimes they just need a little nudge, a little direction, a little support, a little coaching, and the greatest things can happen.”
When people work with a life coach, their personal and professional aims because their life coach’s. CEOs have used life coaches as they continue to learn and grow. Retirees have used life coaches as they readjust their life style. Recent graduates have used life coaches as they navigating the job market or a first-time job. The life of who could benefit from life coaching could go on and on. When people work with a life coach, they may benefit from…
- A more clear view of what their goals are and how to achieve them.
- Unwavering and unbiased support from an ally.
- Techniques for fulfilling their potential.
- Motivation and encouragement during hard time and setbacks.
- Accountability to keep focused.
- More self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Personal and professional development.
Meeting with a Life Coach at Thriveworks Wilkes-Barre
There are any number of reasons people start to work with a life coach, but two common reasons are that…
- They have a specific goal they want to achieve and need guidance on how to achieve it.
- Life has thrown them a curveball, and they are navigating unforeseen challenges.
If you are ready to work with a life coach, know that Thriveworks Wilkes-Barre offer life coaching. Our coaches are experienced, and they are also licensed mental health professionals. We have worked with many clients who are ready to reach their full potential.
The life coaches at Thriveworks Wilkes-Barre are credentialed with many insurance companies so that they can accept many different forms of insurance. When you call to make an appointment with one, a real person will answer the phone and help you schedule a session. Evening and weekend sessions are offered, but we do not put our clients on a waitlist (because we do not keep one). Instead, new clients often meet with their life coach within 24 hours of their call. Let’s work together toward your goals. Call Thriveworks Wilkes-Barre today for an appointment for life coaching.