Child Therapy Online in Vermont—Therapists, Counselors, and Psychologists for Kids
Nothing hurts worse than seeing your child go through something that you can’t physically fix. As a parent, you want nothing more than for them to be happy, healthy, and full of life. The cause of your child’s distress could be caused by a sudden trauma or lingering, unresolved issues. Consider these following situations:
- Your child has recently begun acting up at school. Your once sweet, innocent little one is now starting fights, arguing with teachers, and disrupting classrooms.
- You and your spouse are getting a divorce and your child is having a hard time coming to terms with the situation.
- Your partner is in the military and it causes you and your family to move around a lot. You notice that your child has difficulty making new friends and adapting to the constant change.
- Your child was involved in a traumatic event and is having nightmares about the incident. They are often inconsolable.
No matter what your child is going through, whether you know what it is or not, there is help. If you think they are struggling in some way, consider reaching out to a child therapist. At Thriveworks Vermont Counseling, our child therapists are licensed and skilled in treating a wide variety of childhood concerns including trauma, divorce, bullying, and more. There is no reason to wait any longer. The sooner you can help them overcome their obstacles, the sooner they will be back to their happy, joyful selves. Call us to get started.
Why Pursue Child Therapy?
Children of all ages may benefit from creating a relationship with a child psychologist for a number of reasons. As they grow older, the reasons they could benefit from child therapy may evolve, as will the methods that are utilized. No matter their age, background, or concern, our trained counselors have experience in helping kids communicate better, identify the areas of their lives in which they need help, and give them the tools to face future obstacles head-on. Some reasons to pursue child therapy may include:
- Mental illnesses such as depression or anxiety
- Abuse or neglect
- Major life changes such as moving to a new city or state
- Autism concerns or diagnosis
- Disruptive behavior or poor performance in school
- Eating disorders
- Hormonal changes
- Emotional or psychological problems
- Addiction or substance abuse
- Anger management
- Violent or criminal behavior
- Social isolation
- Low self-esteem
These are not the only areas in which a child counselor could help your kid. Even if you can tell that something is wrong, but you do not know what is causing the change in their behavior, we can help identify those issues. Thriveworks Vermont Counseling is here for you and your child or teen and are dedicated to helping them live a fulfilling, happy life.
Child Therapy Techniques
Communicating with children in general can be a challenge. Sometimes, you feel like you are talking to a brick wall. A trained psychologist has the many different tools and methods in order to break through the walls your child has put up and can find out what works best for them. Some different methods to child therapy may include:
- Traditional talk therapy
- Play therapy
- Family therapy
- Art therapy
- Relaxation methods
- Behavior modification techniques
- Cognitive and behavioral therapy
- Narrative therapy
- Psychological testing
- Teaching coping mechanisms
- Identifying and treating underlying medical issues
- Identifying and treating underlying psychological issues
No two children are alike. That’s why when your child or teen starts therapy, their counselor will perform assessments to see what methods might work best for them. If one is not working, they will move onto another. Every child is unique and so should be their treatment plans. We will find the right combination of techniques and methods to promote healthy communication and reach the goals that are set in place.
Work with an Online Child Therapist at Thriveworks Vermont Counseling
Online counseling is picking up rapidly and is giving our clients the comfort and flexibility they are looking for in therapy. At Thriveworks Vermont Counseling, we offer two different methods to online therapy, which are:
- Phone Counseling: At the designated appointment time, you will receive a phone call from your therapist and all you have to do is answer.
- Video Chat Counseling: Before your appointment time, you will receive a link. Once your appointment time rolls around, all you have to do is click the link and you will be taken to a video chat room.
Online counseling offers clients great benefits like comfort, reliability, and ease. In addition, it is an effective method to therapy and is affordable. We accept most major insurance carriers and also have excellent self-payment options as well.
Besides all of the advantages of online counseling, Thriveworks Vermont also has flexible scheduling and a wide range of appointment times to include days, evenings, and weekends. To get started, give us a call to be connected with one of our scheduling specialists or visit our online booking portal.
We look forward to helping your child work through the issues that are holding them back and start living a full, care-free life once again.