Online Counseling in State College, PA — Counselors and Therapists
Amy is a school teacher and has two kids of her own. As a single mom, she doesn’t have much time to herself. After staying late at work most days grading papers, she generally has to rush home to make dinner for her kids and to make sure they got all of their homework done. After cleaning up the dishes, she spends time ironing their clothes for the next day and tidying up around the house before she finally sits down. Lately, Amy has been struggling with anxiety and mood swings and feels like her stress is playing a big factor. She wishes there was an option for her to get the help she needs that fits her hectic schedule. Luckily, there is.
The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. –Dolly Parton
Thriveworks State College Counseling offers online counseling services to our clients. Many people find that online counseling allows them to finally get the mental health services they have been searching for. Whether you are struggling with anxiety and depression or need a little guidance through a major life change, Thriveworks State College, PA can help you. We have a team of understanding and devoted mental health professionals that work in a wide range of specialties. If you feel like online counseling might be a good opportunity for you, reach out to our office to schedule your first appointment (814) 308-5043.
Telephone Counseling Vs. Video Counseling
Here at Thriveworks State College Counseling, we offer two different forms of teletherapy: telephone counseling and video counseling. Both options can be valuable but if you can’t decide which option to pursue, we recommend trying each option at least once. It really depends on if you prefer a face-to-face interaction or not.
- Phone Counseling: For phone counseling, you will schedule an appointment on the day and time that works best for you. At that decided time, your therapist will give you a call and all you need to do is answer.
- Video Counseling: Much like phone counseling, you will set up a time that works best for you. Instead of getting a phone call, you will receive a link prior to your appointment time that will take you to a video chat room. When it’s time for your appointment, all you have to do is click the link.
Online counseling can be really beneficial to a lot of people. Whether you have a busy schedule or a slow schedule, it proves to be an advantageous option for a lot of our clients.
What Are the Advantages of Online Counseling?
Online counseling has a wide variety of benefits for our clients. Not only is it a great way to start meaningful progress in your mental health journey, but it offers the added benefits of:
- Comfortability: One of the greatest perks is how comfortable teletherapy is. Some people may feel pressure when sitting in a room with their therapist for the first time. You might feel nervous or awkward. Online therapy takes away that in-person aspect and allows some of our clients to open up quicker than they would otherwise.
- Convenience: You can have your appointment virtually anywhere! In your car on the way home, during your lunch break, after dinner curled up on your couch, and more. The possibilities are endless.
- Effectiveness: Some might think that online counseling would be less effective than in-person counseling. However, that’s not the case. You can make the same meaningful progress over the phone or via video chat as you would sitting in an office.
Additional benefits like affordability and flexible scheduling options are also things that our clients enjoy. Once you start online counseling, you can experience all of these things and more.
Who Should Work with an Online Counselor?
As we briefly mentioned before, our psychologists at Thriveworks State College Counseling are specialists in a multitude of areas surrounding mental health. Some of the common reasons we see clients are, but not limited to:
- Eating disorders
- Family conflicts
- Child therapy
- Marriage counseling and couples therapy
- Career challenges
- Financial strain and stress
- Low self-esteem
- Life coaching
- Addiction and/or substance abuse
- Trauma or PTSD
- Grief counseling
Every person’s situation is unique, and yours is no different. Your counselor will ensure that your individual goals and needs are met by creating a treatment plan specific to you and your situation.
Let’s Get Started: Schedule an Appointment with an Online Counselor at Thriveworks State College, PA
If you have made it this far and think online counseling might be a good option for you, give it a try! Thriveworks State College, PA will help you gain the tools and skills you need to move forward and tackle any challenges in your way.
To get started, visit our online booking system or give us a call to be connected with a scheduling specialist. We have appointment times during the day, evenings, and weekends. Also, we do not operate with a waiting list and can often get our first-time clients in with their counselor within 24 hours of their initial call. Let us help you thrive!