Life Coaching at Thriveworks State College, PA
Maybe you have been an English teacher for the past ten years as a “temporary” job until you could become a full-time writer. However, in the ten years you’ve been teaching, you’ve only barely written the first five chapters of your first novel. There have been reasons and excuses along the way as to why you haven’t just gone for it. Maybe your classes take up most of your time or you started a family, or you have had writer’s block. However, you are realizing that you haven’t really pursued your dream and you honestly don’t know where to start. You need that extra push in the right direction to get started and motivated. You decide to reach out to a life coach for help.
Hard work is painful when life is devoid of purpose. But when you live for something greater than yourself and the gratification of your own ego, then hard work becomes a labor of love.” – Steve Pavlina
Life coaches work with their clients to find success in their jobs and overall lifestyles. At Thriveworks State College Counseling, our life coaches are knowledgeable about the various roadblocks that keep people from reaching their personal growth and work to motivate them. They’ve helped people make major life decisions and find an acceptable work-life balance. If there is something you’ve always wanted to do or feel stuck in your current situation, reach out to our office. We’d love to help you.
Re-evaluate Your Life and Identify Your Strengths and Priorities
One of the biggest reasons why people reach out for the help of a life coach is to grow their self-awareness. What are your talents, priorities, goals, strengths? Are you happy with where you are in life? What would you change? Life coaches often use “The Miracle Question” as a way to get their clients to reveal what their actual priorities and goals are. The question varies, but it might be:
- If you had unlimited resources, where would you go on vacation? How long would you stay for? What would you do on vacation?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
- What’s your dream career? If you had any educational opportunity, what path would you take?
- If you could build your dream friend or significant other, what qualities would you look for?
- Let’s say budget is not an issue. What would be the top three things you would do?
You may have some things that come to mind when you read those questions. That’s good! They are meant to get you thinking. While evaluating your miracle question, you’ll also be asked to rank different areas in your life on a scale from 1 to 10. This will help your life coach identify what areas you need the most help with. Some of the different categories include career, finances, love life, and personal leisure. What areas are lacking for you?
Why Should I Work with a Life Coach?
As we touched briefly on before, life coaching is intended to help you work on your goals, aspirations, and needs in life. Our coaches aim to help their clients face their futures with confidence, overcome their obstacles, and ultimately reach their goals. Whether your goal is in your personal or professional life, we can help guide you. For example, our team of life coaches at Thriveworks State College Counseling have helped people who:
- Are looking for a career change: Maybe you do want to write that book you’ve put on hold. Maybe you are tired of working in a small office and answering the phone all day. Even if you aren’t sure of what you actually want to do with your career, we can help you find that “something.”
- Have a specific goal they want to reach: Whether you are trying to buy a house, want to start a family, or take a month off of work and travel across Europe, goals can be hard to reach when we don’t have the confidence or don’t know where to start. Working with a life coach can give you direction, support, and the push you need to really go for it.
- Are going through a difficult change: Some people don’t know where to turn after major life changes like going through a divorce, moving alone to a new city, or leaving a company after 15 years. These new realities can be difficult to navigate, and life coaches can steer people towards what steps they need to take as they move forward.
- Want it all: You want a successful career, loving life partner, beautiful family, spacious home, and vacations booked through the next year. Achieving all of these things can cause you a significant amount of stress. A life coach can help you manage your anxiety and stress and guide you in ways that you can easily prioritize one thing at a time to help you reach all of your goals.
Work with a Life Coach at Thriveworks State College, PA
Recognizing when you are stuck and seeking out the help you need can be hard. Acknowledging downfalls and struggles is not an easy task. However, life coaches have the experience, knowledge, and background to help you work through those challenges in a safe, and healthy manner. There’s nothing embarrassing about it at all!
If you are ready to get started with your new life, consider working with us at Thriveworks State College, PA. We have a wide range of appointment times, don’t operate with a waitlist, and offer additional competitive benefits to our clients. Call (814) 308-5043 and one of our scheduling specialists will help you get started.