Aberdeen Psychiatry—Psychiatrists in Aberdeen, SD
Psychiatrists are board certified mental health professionals who can address your mental health concerns. These individuals are medical doctors, equipped with the knowledge, skills, and years of training and experience that you want any healthcare professional to have.
At Thriveworks Counseling, our psychiatrists also have the compassion that you want your healthcare professionals to possess. They truly care about you and will do everything they can to help you live better.
To schedule a psychiatry appointment in Aberdeen, SD, call (605) 610-3389. Our psychiatrists are qualified to help people in the state of South Dakota. It doesn’t matter how close or far you are from Aberdeen, our psychiatrists help their clients from a distance in telephone and video sessions. Schedule yours today.
What Are Mental Health Conditions?
Mental health conditions affect one’s mood, behaviors, and thoughts. There are many different categories of these disorders, including:
- Clinical depression: This mental health condition is characterized by a persistent, deep despair and loss of interest in daily activities. Victims also suffer from impairment in day to day functioning.
- Bipolar disorder: This disorder is characterized by distinct changes in mood, from mania to depression. When one experiences mania, they often feel like they are on top of the world but suffer from delusions and their overactivity. During the depressive episodes, one feels down and experiences other symptoms of clinical depression.
- ADHD: ADHD, or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, is another type of condition that is characterized by a lack of focus, hyperactivity, and impulsivity. Most often, this condition is diagnosed at a young age and persists throughout one’s life.
- Anxiety: Anxiety disorders are characterized by excessive worry or fear, which is so strong that it interferes with one’s normal functioning. Victims fail to control their racing thoughts and suffer as a result.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: PTSD can develop when one fails to address their trauma properly. It is characterized by symptoms of anxiety as well as nightmares and flashbacks that disturb one’s health.
By definition, mental health conditions negatively affect one’s life. On top of that, they can worsen and have even more devastating effects if the individual fails to address it. Fortunately, psychiatrists are able to work through these conditions with those who suffer with them.
These professionals have committed their lives to gaining the right knowledge, certifications, skills, and training to help these people. They can diagnose one’s condition, prevent it from worsening, and also offer treatment in the form of therapy and medication.
Psychiatrists are the only mental health professionals who can prescribe and manage medication. If you think that you could benefit from their assessment or from medication management, consider scheduling a psychiatry appointment and get the mental health help that you need.
Schedule a Psychiatry Appointment at Thriveworks in Aberdeen, South Dakota
Often, when we identify the need for mental health help, we need it right away. Again, the longer we go without addressing our mental health needs, the worse they can become. Fortunately, if you are looking for psychiatric care in Aberdeen, SD, you have landed in the right place.
Thriveworks Counseling can set you up with an online psychiatrist upon receipt of your call. Our psychiatrists help their clients in telehealth sessions, over video and telephone. You can choose either option, they are both effective and your psychiatrist is happy to accomodate your needs or preferences.
To get started with psychiatry in South Dakota, call (605) 610-3389.