North Tonawanda Therapy – Counseling, Life Coaching, Mental Health Services in New York
Why Are You Considering Counseling or Life Coaching?
There isn’t a single reason that everyone turns to counseling or life coaching. People from all walks of life, people with a wide range of issues, people from all backgrounds come to us for counseling and life coaching. The only requirement for seeking treatment is a willingness to change and you’ve proven that by seeking out more information on therapy.
Are any of these reasons the reason you’re seeking help?
It would be impossible to write a list of all the reasons people seek counseling but we can share with you some of the most frequent reasons people come to us:
- They have issues with anxiety.
- Couples need help moving forward together.
- Individuals are stuck in a career rut and need career counseling.
- Clients are struggling with eating disorders and need help.
- People have obsessive-compulsive issues and want assistance.
- People dealing with a specific loss or general grief.
- Parents need help with their children or teenagers.
- Divorced folks need help moving forward.
- Anger management is needed.
- A substance abuse problem leads them to us.
- Significant life transitions have become difficult to navigate, including losing jobs or moving.
- General life coaching to learn how to set goals and achieve them.
Are you having trouble articulating exactly why you’re considering getting help?
Some people come to Thriveworks North Tonawanda Counseling & Coaching and know exactly what they’re looking for and why they are seeking help. Others don’t. They know that something isn’t right but they can’t quite articulate what the problem is. When your issues are complicated in this way, the professionals at our offices can help you make sense of your struggles.
If you’re like most people, you don’t spend enough time on yourself
It’s common for people – especially parents – to spend most of their time taking care of others. Those same people who are so busy taking care of other people, and who don’t think twice about doing so, are the first to say that they don’t have the time to take care of themselves.
Does that describe you? When’s the last time you not only identified your goals and dreams for your life, but made a list of steps to achieve them – and started following those steps? If you’ve put yourself on hold for too long, then it’s time to wake up. You don’t have to live with the status quo. You can move forward.
If you’re stuck thinking that it’s selfish to take time for yourself, consider this: the healthier and happier you are, the better able you are to take care of those around you. Think of it like the oxygen masks in airplanes. Every time you fly, a flight attendant reminds adults to put their mask on first before putting the mask on their child. Why? Because if you can’t breathe, you can’t help your child. Thriveworks North Tonawanda, NY Counseling & Coaching can help you breathe again.