Hunter and Demi have been friends for ages. Long enough to have kindergarten photos of them, together with frizzy hair and covered in finger paint. With all the time that they’ve spent together, there’s been more than a few arguments and spats along the way. But like best friends often do, they always find common ground again and things seem to reset once more. But the other night, they found themselves divided over disrespectful comments directed at Hunter from Demi’s partner, David.
With such a personal dispute on their hands, Hunter’s considering whether or not she and her friend could benefit from seeing a mental health professional together. Because of their busy schedules and the recent shift in dynamics, she’s also considering whether they’d benefit from having an online therapist mediate their communication. While she’s not sure if her friend is open to the idea, Hunter sees that mental health services might be a relief to them both.
If you’ve also been feeling as though you could benefit from opening up to a mental health professional, you’re not alone. Thousands of people across the U.S. have already discovered the ways that online therapy provides newfound freedom and relief from the burdening effects of mental illness. Online therapy and counseling at Thriveworks in Lawton, OK could be your first step towards better mental health.
What Is Online Therapy? Should I Talk to an Online Therapist?
Online therapy is a modern way to connect with a mental health professional. While it’s not the same as waving a magic wand, it’s an effective and convenient way to experience the ways that a therapist can help. Many people often wonder though, is online therapy:
- Safe?: Our online therapy sessions follow APA and HIPAA guidelines to protect your privacy and information. You can rest assured that Thriveworks values your safety and privacy as much as we do your mental health.
- Effective?: Our online therapy is just as effective for many of our clients as in-person sessions are. Though preference for either will vary between individuals, online therapists still provide the same level of care and support.
Even though thousands of people have already discovered what a difference our mental health services can make in their lives, there’s still a large amount of stigma and shame associated with seeking assistance from a provider. However, Thriveworks in Lawton, OK has a team of mental health professionals that can partner with you to celebrate your independence and personal growth.
There’s no shame in online therapy when it allows you to:
- Avoid any potential anxiety you have about talking with a therapist in person
- Access the mental health services you need, even if there aren’t any therapists in your immediate area
- Get friendship, relationship, or family counseling, no matter how far apart you are
- Find time in your schedule to attend appointments
How Can a Thriveworks Therapist Help Me?
Opening up to a provider might seem scary, but doing so can provide your therapist at Thriveworks in Lawton, OK with the feedback they need to help you feel better. Here is a glimpse into how they operate:
- Creating a treatment plan that fits their client’s unique perspective and situation
- Cultivating empathy and compassion between family members or couples in group therapy sessions
- Educating clients about mental health, and provide them with coping strategies to improve their quality of life
- Helping individuals regulate their emotions, like anger or grief
Your therapist may use talk or behavioral therapy as part of your treatment plan, but it all depends on your preferences and unique needs as a client. Though mental health conditions and disorders manifest differently for everyone, our providers commonly help everyday people manage:
- Relationship or family problems
- The loss of a loved one or friend
- Breakups and divorce
Schedule an Online Therapy Session with Thriveworks in Lawton, OK
Being able to meet virtually with a provider isn’t the only benefit we offer at our Lawton, OK office. When you call to book your virtual session, you’ll be assisted by our scheduling specialists. They’re available seven days a week, so whether you’re trying to find the right appointment time, or add your insurance, they’ve got your back.
And when you’ve enrolled, you’ll get access to a wide array of exclusive perks we offer for clients, like:
- Scheduling availability for weekends and evenings
- 23.5hr cancellation policy
- Access to your provider as needed in-between appointments
- Our life coach q/a chat line
- A free digital copy of our book, “Leaving Depression Behind”, an invaluable guide to addressing your mental health needs
The reasons for not seeing an online therapist at Thriveworks in Lawton, OK may vary. Maybe you’re too busy, maybe you’re worried about the stigma or anxiety. We understand, but also believe that anyone, at any stage in their lives can benefit from connecting with one of our mental health professionals. If you’re ready to take your emotional well-being into your own hands, give us a call to get started.