Krissy and Reagan have been married for 12 years, and for the most part, things have gone well for them. They’ve always been close—but lately, something has just felt off. When they both get home from work, they often feel too tired to connect physically. They rarely find time to catch up anymore, either—and when they try, the conversation devolves into an argument.
Reagan wants to reconnect with her partner, but she isn’t quite sure how. After some reading online and some careful consideration, she’s considering whether she and her partner could benefit from talking with a couples therapist or relationship counselor. She’s never talked with a mental health professional before, but she feels like having professional support and insight could help them start to move forward.
If you’re in Reagan’s position, then perhaps you’re wondering whether you and the one you love could benefit from talking to a marriage counselor or couples therapist. At Thriveworks in Lawton, OK our providers are committed to helping your relationship grow and heal one session at a time. Reach out to our office for personalized mental health care, and a client experience that only Thriveworks can offer.
What Are the Benefits of Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling?
While you and your partner will need to make the independent choice to seek counseling or therapy on your own, there’s no need to face down the challenges in your relationship by yourselves. Partnering with one of our providers at Thriveworks in Lawton, OK can open the door to professional insight and guidance as well as coping strategies and communication tools designed just for you. At Thriveworks in Lawton, OK our providers can help you both to:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Help both partners manage anger or anxiety
Moving forward may not seem easy, but with a professional’s support, it’s possible to find the healing and progress that you need. In fact, talking openly and honestly with one of our providers is a great way to ensure that they understand your situation and can provide you with the tools you need so you can both succeed.
Does Our Relationship Need a Couples Therapist?
Ultimately, it’s up to you and your partner to decide, as we stated previously, whether you want mental health assistance. But there are common indications and signs that a relationship’s dynamics are headed in the wrong direction, including:
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
There’s no need to feel shame if you or your partner are experiencing any of the things listed above. And while talking to a mental health professional about what’s bothering you may feel invasive at first, the truth is that our providers are committed to helping you heal. It may be more productive to view couples therapy or marriage counseling as a way to preserve the bond you share—and getting professional assistance is a way to ensure that that bond endures.
Call Thriveworks in Lawton, OK to Schedule Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling Today
Talking to one of our relationship counselors or therapists can help your relationship get back on its feet. If you both decide that you’re ready to speak with one of our providers, don’t hesitate to contact Thriveworks in Lawton, OK to get a head start. We won’t hesitate to get you connected with one of our providers; most of our clients report that their first session occurred within 24-48 hrs of first contacting their therapist or counselor’s office. Reach out if you’re interested in starting therapy or counseling, and we’ll help you with the enrollment process, which opens the door to exclusive benefits, like:
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
- 23.5-hour cancellations: If something comes up or you aren’t feeling well, rest assured that you won’t be charged for missing your session, as long as you give us a 23.5-hour notice.
- Life coach q/a chat line: For those questions that can’t wait until your next session.
If you and your partner have taken the time to consider whether you can benefit from talking with a marriage counselor or couples therapist at Thriveworks in Lawton, OK, we’re ready to connect with you. Your relationship can thrive—we can help.