Hannah knew that she needed to see a therapist, but she was super picky. She tended to overthink even the smallest choices, sometimes to the point of decision paralysis. This personality trait was partly why Hannah was prone to serious bouts of anxiety, and even depression. But choosing a therapist wasn’t just a small decision. This was Hannah’s brain on her line. This was her mental health. Her whole future. And she wanted the best possible mental healthcare for her specific issues with depression and anxiety. She deserved expert care. But she lived in a rural area and simply didn’t have a wide range of therapists to choose from. What should Hannah do?
Hannah should contact an online counselor at Thriveworks in Fort Wayne, IN. When she meets with a counselor online, she’s no longer limited by geography and she can select the best mental health provider for her unique needs. Opting for online counseling at Thriveworks means that Hannah can afford to be selective and find a counselor with the experience she’s looking for.
What’s So Great About Seeing a Therapist Online?
There are great reasons why so many people these days are taking advantage of online counseling opportunities, made possible by advances in telehealth technology. But remember that not every online counselor is equally qualified to deliver expert support to their clients. When you book an online appointment with a counselor at Thriveworks in Fort Wayne, IN, you know that you’ll meet with a fully licensed, highly qualified, top-rated mental health provider. And they can provide the following benefits when they meet with you online:
- Efficacy (studies show that online counseling appointments are just as effective as in-person)
- Better access for people who live in rural areas
- Better access for clients who are housebound or otherwise limited because of their mental health condition (like social anxiety or agoraphobia)
- Enhanced communication between therapist and client
- High client satisfaction
- Privacy and anonymity (no one sees you walking into a therapy office)
- Ability to have sessions even if you’re traveling for work or pleasure
- Potential for immediate access to your therapist when you need them
- More scheduling flexibility, including evening and weekend availability
- Increased comfort levels for those who find it easier to open up emotionally in familiar surroundings
Online counseling can also make it easier for couples and families to coordinate their busy schedules for group counseling. They don’t all have to be in the same room at the same time to receive excellent therapy from a Thriveworks licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) in Fort Wayne, IN. They just need an internet connection.
When Should I See an Online Counselor at Thriveworks?
Some people come to Thriveworks in Fort Wayne, IN because they’re experiencing persistent feelings of sadness and don’t know where else to turn. Other people come to Thriveworks because they’re still experiencing nightmares and anxiety after a traumatic event. Online counselors at Thriveworks in Fort Wayne, IN can help clients with an almost infinite range of issues, including the following:
- Psychiatric medication management (by a licensed Thriveworks psychiatrist)
- Anorexia and/or bulimia
- Panic attacks
- Sex addiction
- Substance abuse
- Family conflicts
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Hyperactivity and attention disorders
- Acute stress
- Midlife crises
- Loss of pleasure in usually enjoyable activities (anhedonia)
- Manic depression
- Personality disorders
- General malaise
- Feelings of guilt or worthlessness
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia) or staying awake
How to Prepare for Your Online Counseling Session
If you’ve never seen a professional counselor, psychotherapist, psychiatrist, or another mental health provider before, online counseling at Fort Wayne, IN can be a convenient and appealing introduction to therapy. It may feel safer and less intimidating than sitting on a couch in a clinic. You can do it from your own home, while surrounded by familiar surroundings. At your first online counseling session at Thriveworks in Fort Wayne, IN, it can help to know what to expect:
- User-friendly, accessible video conferencing technology. If you can click on a link in your email, you can talk to your Thriveworks therapist online.
- Intimacy. Remember that your cat might jump into the frame and somehow inspire a conversation about your early childhood. It can be easier to feel that personal connection with your therapist when you’re speaking from your comfort zone.
- Health insurance coverage. Thriveworks online counseling sessions are usually covered by medical insurance in the same way that in-person sessions are.
Make Your Affordable Online Appointment with Therapeutic Excellence at Thriveworks in Fort Wayne, IN
When you reach out to our highly trained staff at Thriveworks today, we can often place you in an online appointment with a top-rated, licensed counselor within 24-48 hours. We have a wide variety of specialized mental health providers ready to offer you the support you deserve. Because insurance plans cover most sessions, Thriveworks clients in Fort Wayne, IN receive premium mental health care without the premium price.
We look forward to matching you to the online counselor who can help support your mental health journey. Call today!