Christian Counseling in Peachtree City, GA—Christian Counselors, Therapists
In today’s world, it is easy to lose sight of one’s faith. Especially when they are distracted by the stress, pressure, and other challenges in day to day life. Christian counselors understand these distractions well, and they know how to help you work through them. They also know how to guide you back toward your faith and relationship with God.
Difficulties and obstacles are God’s challenges to faith. When hindrances confront us in the path of duty, we are to recognize them as vessels for faith to fill with the fullness and all-sufficiency of Jesus. –A.B. Simpson
If you are looking for Christian counseling, you have come to the right place. Thriveworks Peachtree City, GA has a team of Christian counselors who are more than happy to meet with you. Consider starting a partnership with one of these professionals today. They are available to help you now, in in-person or online counseling. Just call (678)-383-1210 to schedule your appointment and get started.
Christian Counseling: What Is It? Who Is It For?
Christian counseling, otherwise known as biblical counseling, incorporates both one’s Christian faith and important principles of psychology. It aims to help people improve their overall mental health and work through their life challenges. This form of therapy uses both scriptures and teachings from the bible to help the individual better deal with their stressors.
When in the middle of a particularly stressful or otherwise difficult time in life, turning to one’s faith can prove to be just what the doctor ordered. In other words, our faith can help to remedy the hard times we are going through—say, in the midst of a tough loss; when we’re encountering problems in our relationships; when we’re experiencing an overwhelming amount of stress at work. This list goes on. The common denominator is the “medicine”: Christian counseling, as it can prove to help people through a myriad of issues.
Keep in mind that no matter what it is you’re going through, the Christian Counselors at Thriveworks Peachtree City will keep one important goal in mind: to help you live better, while also empowering you to follow God’s teachings.
What Are Some Other Goals of Christian Counseling?
As we just mentioned, Christian counseling can prove helpful in many different situations. Therefore, the goals can vary from person to person, depending on their unique situation, needs, goals, and so on. Here are some common goals of Christian counseling, of which you might be interested in:
- Working through marital issues: When two people get married, they make a commitment to love each other for the rest of their days. Now, that doesn’t mean that they won’t encounter problems throughout their time together. If you and your spouse are stuck on a particularly troubling problem, you’re failing to communicate properly, or you’re experiencing another marital issue, a Christian counselor can help. Our Thriveworks Peachtree Christian counselors will guide and support you as you work through your marital issue(s); they will also help you to better prepare your relationship for working through future conflicts.
- Better managing mental illness: Depression, anxiety, PTSD, OCD, bipolar disorder, addiction. If you are exhibiting symptoms of any given mental illness, a Christian counselor at Thriveworks Peachtree City can help. They will dig into your specific symptoms and come up with a plan that will help you better manage these symptoms and your illness as a whole. They will also offer endless support as you learn to navigate through this particularly challenging time. Additionally, they will remind you that you are a child of God, and therefore, you are strong.
- Grieving the loss of a loved one: Perhaps the most painful experience we will endure in our lifetime is the loss of a close friend, family member, or pet. If you have recently lost someone close to you, the Christian counselors at Thriveworks Peachtree are here to help you confront all of the difficult emotions that might come with your loss as well as guide and support you as you accept the loss and your life without the loved one lost.
These are just a few scenarios in which Christian counseling can prove beneficial. Also, there are many more goals one might have for their time in Christian counseling, depending on what they might be going through or what they need assistance with.
Schedule a Christian Counseling Appointment at Thriveworks Peachtree City, GA
Are you ready to take a leap of faith and begin a relationship with a Christian counselor? Call Thriveworks Peachtree City, GA today at (678)-383-1210. We’ll be happy to talk to you and get you all set up for your first Christian counseling session.
Self Pay Rate: $99
Kristole Pierce, LPC
Philosophy of Care
Kristole Pierce is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) based in Atlanta, GA. She has spent most of her adult life working in the Human Services Field which has resulted in 12 years of experience providing quality care for individuals, couples, and families. who specializes in trauma and addiction therapy. She can also provide treatment to those who are suffering from anxiety, depression, sexual abuse, difficult life transitions, divorce, grief, LGBTIA-related Issues, and couple's issues.
Kristole is a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC) and a member of the American Counselors Association. She has a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, a Master's degree in Community Counseling, and is a Specialist in Marriage and Family Counseling. During her tenure in the Mental Health field, Kristole has an array of experience spanning from Disaster Relief Work, Crisis Management, Community Intensive Family Intervention Services, and being Director of Programs for many years in the Non-Profit sector.
Her educational and professional background in both the mind and the field gives her a unique and effective approach to counseling. Kristole works to provide clients with a blend of tailored treatment, and practical application that can be integrated into their daily lives. Her approach provides a safe space for individuals to arrive at their own conclusions about “living their best life” while she walks alongside them as a competent guide to enlightenment and understanding of their own traumas, depression, anxiety, and relational patterns.
- Substance abuse
- Grief and Loss
- Anger Management
- Family Therapy
- Couples Counseling
- LGBTQIA issues
- STAR Behavioral Health Provider
- Civilian Professional/Military Sensitive