Online counseling offers a convenient alternative to in-person therapy. Instead of meeting with your therapist at their office, you get to work with your therapist from wherever you choose: from the comfort of your own home, from your car if you need to, or from a local coffee shop if you so desire. Just make sure you have internet access or phone service because you’ll connect with your therapist in one of three ways:
- Over the phone
- Via videoconference sessions
- Email/text messaging
All of the above options can prove effective; it’s all about choosing the option that best suits you. For example, if you want to work with your therapist for a set, consecutive 60 or so minutes (as you would in in-person counseling), you’d choose one of the first two options. However, if you’re interested in a more casual correspondence, email/text messaging might be the right online therapy option for you.
If you’re intrigued by the idea of online counseling, reach out to Thriveworks Counseling in Raleigh, NC. We can set you up with an online therapist as soon as today, or talk to you more about our services. Either way, just call (919) 424-6045. And keep reading to find out more about online therapy benefits.
5 Reasons to Try Online Counseling
If you’re debating whether online therapy is right for you, consider the following reasons to try online counseling:
- It’s convenient and comfortable: Regardless of where you live—in the country, the city, or the suburbs—it’s very likely that you spend more time getting to and from your appointment than you do in the actual appointment itself. Online therapy addresses this problem by allowing you to save time and work with your therapist from home. This means optimal convenience and comfort, too.
- It’s tested and true: Did you know that online therapy counseling is not a new service? It’s actually been around as early as the 1950s with a mental health hotline. Then, in the 1980s, the first online self-help group was created. Now today, you can enjoy a variety of online counseling services including self-help groups, mental health discussion boards, and one-on-one time with a licensed therapist.
- It’s affordable: Also, an important note is that online counseling is an affordable therapy option, too. In fact, more and more insurance plans now cover online counseling. If yours doesn’t, though, that’s okay. Thriveworks in Raleigh, NC has affordable self-pay options.
- It’s quick: With a traditional in-person therapy appointment, you might have to wait a few days or weeks for your first appointment. This is not the case when it comes to online counseling. Online counseling allows you to book a session right away, often even the same day!
- It’s easy: Even though we do our best to reassure clients that this is not a place to fear judgment, many clients struggle to open up and worry about what their therapist will think of them. Fortunately, they find that it’s possible for them to open up to a therapist online instead.
In a nutshell, online therapy is a convenient, comfortable, effective, and affordable option. On top of all that, you can schedule your appointment with ease—and potentially open up to your therapist more easily. If you’re interested in meeting with an online therapist at Thriveworks Counseling, let us know. We can get you all set up today.
Schedule Online Counseling at Thriveworks in Raleigh, NC
Certain obstacles might stand in your way of receiving the mental health services you’re looking for. For example: your current work schedule, your partner’s current work schedule, your lack of flexibility, your fear of judgment, or the inability to find an adequate therapist nearby. Or, maybe you’re all signed up for therapy, but each week, you struggle to make it on time due to traffic, unpredictable weather, and other external factors.
If any of the above resonates with you, consider working with an online therapist at Thriveworks in Raleigh, NC. We are dedicated to helping the people of Wake County find the mental health help they are looking for. Scheduling your appointment is easy. Simply call (919) 424-6045 to speak with a scheduling specialist who will help you set up an appointment that is of utmost convenience for you.