Mindfulness Workshops at Thriveworks Colorado Springs, CO
Busy, busy, busy: Kids, work, projects, meals, chores, bills…..
As we complete these necessary tasks, we can easily lose connection to the present moment. In other words, we go on autopilot. We miss out on what we are doing and how we are feeling. Living life in this way may feel productive, but are we really living or just going through the motions?
Maybe you’ve heard of Mindfulness – the practice of being focused on the present moment and accepting it without judgment. The concept seems simple, however it’s a learned skill. Our minds tend to jump around from one thing to the next, all while judging ourselves:
- “Is this good enough”
- “Am I doing the right thing?”
- “I’m an idiot.”
Living in this way can be emotional, cognitively and physically exhausting. As we look for strategies to cope with the stress of our busy lives, Mindfulness continually rises to the top as an effective and efficient strategy used in stress reduction.
How does Mindfulness work?
Mindfulness activities can induce a relaxation response in the body by engaging the parasympathetic nervous system. When this system is engaged, a person will feel their heart and breathing rate slow and their muscle tension release.
What Are the Benefits of Mindfulness?
- Increased ability to let go of worries about the future and regrets over the past
- Stronger self-esteem
- Increased ability to form and keep strong relationships
- Aids in treating heart disease and chronic pain
- Improves sleep
- Decreased symptoms of depression, anxiety
- Fewer conflicts in work and family
- Decreased Stress
- Increased ability to focus
What Can I Expect at a Mindfulness Workshop at Thriveworks?
- The workshop is hosted online, through interactive video while we are under the statewide stay-at-home order. Attendees simply click a link from their device and join the online workshop.
- There will be 8-15 attendees with the instructor, leading the class.
- The class is intellectual: The instructor will explain concepts of mindfulness through lecture.
- The class is experiential: Attendees have the choice to engage in activities to try out the newly learned concepts.
- Examples of activities might be: engaging the 5 senses, practicing visualizations and working with our breath
- Mindfulness activities through Thriveworks are not religious based
Alice Barclay, Mindfulness Workshop Instructor at Thriveworks Counseling in Colorado Springs:
Alice has a passion for helping others discover their soul’s purpose. She believes that each of us has a unique life path that we are destined to follow, but this path often has unexpected turns, setbacks, and bumps that delay us from reaching our potential. Alice offers a non-judgmental space for her clients to express their emotions and heal from the disappointments and traumas of their pasts. In this space of kindness, support, and trust, her clients are able to tap into their strengths, including their innate ability to heal themselves. Are you ready to clear the obstacles that are holding you back from leading the life you’ve always wanted?
Alice grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. Her commitment to helping others and interest in spirituality led her to pursue a bachelor’s degree in psychology with a minor in holistic health from San Francisco State University. Following her undergraduate program, she was a Therapeutic Behavioral Services Coach and worked with children, teens, and caregivers in a variety of settings including community wrap-around programs, special education, foster care placements, and group homes. After taking a break to travel, get married, and raise her daughter, Alice returned to school and earned her master’s degree in Holistic Counseling Psychology from John F. Kennedy University in San Jose, California.
She has extensive training in experiential psychotherapy modalities including somatic, mindfulness, and process therapy.
- Every other Sunday
- 3:00 pm – 4:00pm
- Starting April 26th, 2020
- Online at Google Meet
- $20 / session
- Call us to see if your insurance will cover the cost
- No commitment. Come once or come weekly.
“We carry inside us the wonders we seek outside us.” Rumi