Counseling and Therapy for Men – Therapists in Colorado Springs
Men of all ages and ethnicities are less likely than women to seek help. Why is this? There is no biological reason, of course. Do men have fewer conflicts, frustrations, depression or anxiety? Of course not. Maybe society to blame for men not getting help? Traditionally, society demands men to be independent, tough and unemotional. Studies have shown that two thirds of outpatient appointments are with women. This inability or reluctance in men to get help will affect a man’s mental and physical health, their relationships and careers. This is clearly a problem!
We recognize the historical, social and cultural factors that go into a man deciding to seek counseling. We work to normalize counseling, similar to a physical checkup, or having dental work done. Counseling and life coaching is also preventative, such as seeing a chiropractor on a regular basis. Talking with a counselor prior to, during or after a life adjustment can prevent negative coping habits and keep people feeling well and achieving their best.
Typical reasons men speak to the professionals at Thriveworks, Colorado Springs
- Stress at one’s job (may present with physical symptoms)
- Family relationships (example: parenting skills)
- Romantic relationships
- Anger (learn anger control skills)
- Dependency or addiction (drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex)
- Personal Achievement
- Depression and Anxiety
What to expect:
Check out our website, read the bios and choose a professional you may connect with. We have a male available to meet with people also. Or, call the phone number and they will be able to match you with a therapist that will meet your needs.
At the first appointment we’ll discuss what brings you in and what your goals are. We will work to understand you – what is important to you and what you are hoping for. Our providers are genuine, easy to talk to and responsive. They may offer a self-assessment, may collaborate with you regarding skills and strategies to get you to where you want to be, or simply discuss what you’d like to discuss.
From the first phone call to Thriveworks, to walking out of your first meeting, you’ll notice the difference the professionals at Thriveworks offer. The common thread throughout our practice is respect. We respect your time, your finances, your schedule and your individuality. In addition, you’ll notice:
- You’ll talk with someone on the phone to set up an appointment. They will answer any questions you have.
- We don’t have a wait list and will be able to see you within 24 hours if you’d like.
- We know you are busy! We offer evening and Saturday appointments, if this works best for your schedule. Our appointments are on time 97% of the time.
- We take many types of insurance. You pay good money for your insurance. Let’s use it.
- Our modern and comfortable offices are relaxing. Enjoy our complimentary coffee and tea during the appointment.
We hope that you’ll give us a call. Try us out. 719-266-3919.