Have you been through therapy numerous times with no relief of symptoms? Or, maybe you seek to relieve symptoms but want an alternative to traditional talk therapy. Brainspotting was discovered in 2003. Since then, over 13,000 therapists have been trained in Brainspotting all over the world. It’s truly an international practice that is growing quickly. The concept of Brainspotting, and how it works, may sound complicated. Below is a brief description of how it works and a video explaining what it may look like during a session.
Where you look affects how you feel.
Brainspotting enables you to process traumatic memories without feeling highly distressed. It does not require a detailed account of the trauma in order to be effective. Brainspotting is designed to discover, dislodge, and ultimately release the trapped memories. Brainspotting allows us to harness the brain’s natural ability for self-scanning. As trauma is released healing immediately starts to occur deep within the subconscious.
What does Brainspotting treat?
Brainspotting is an effective and efficient treatment for:
- Physical and Emotional Trauma
For a more complete list, please visit https://brainspotting.com/about-bsp/applications-for-brainspotting/
Brainspotting is a mind-body connection using specific eye positions to access trauma stored in the brain. When a trauma is experienced, it may be stored in the sub-cortex part of your brain kind of like a capsule. Brainspotting is the page holder allowing you to work on the issue contained in that capsule. What is occurring during the Brainspotting session is desensitization and reprocessing of the trauma which begins the healing process; this process will continue for approximately 3-5 days after the session.
Colorado Springs Thriveworks has two therapists, Becky Witt and Lisa Smith, trained to provide Brainspotting.
Why Should I call Colorado Springs Thriveworks?
We do things differently. Here’s what you can expect:
- When you call to schedule, you will talk with a real person on the phone. You’ll have your choice of morning, day or evening appointments. Even weekend hours!
- Arriving at the office, you’ll first notice our modern and clean waiting room and offices. You may want to arrive early so you can relax, listen to music, enjoy coffee or tea and flip through magazines.
- Your appointment will begin on time. Your time is valuable! We will respect your busy schedule and stick to our appointed time with you.
- After your appointment, you’ll have access to your clinician’s email and phone number. Feel free to contact them in between appointments, if needed.
- Also, did we mention that we take insurance? You pay a lot of money for your insurance and we want you to be able to use it.
For more information or to schedule, please call 719-266-3919.