Trials exist across all cultures. Depression, anxiety, stress, trauma, and relationships don’t cease to exist with a difference background and language.
And neither should the help offered.
Thriveworks Colorado Springs strives to bridge the gap between the problems persisting in our society and the help offered to combat it. We have counselors who are fluent in Spanish and knowledgeable of Spanish-speaking cultures.
With only about 5.5% of therapists saying they offer services in Spanish, there are too many people going unreached. No one should feel alone in this world. No one should have to struggle in silence. Thriveworks Colorado Springs Counseling is excited to meet you and begin healing and growing together.
What Does Counseling for Spanish Speakers Include?
Everything counseling for English speakers would! A different language doesn’t change the pain we experience as humans or the healing that can occur when we meet and explore some of those pains. When there is a language barrier—even if it is slight—there is the potential for important things to go unsaid and topics to remain unexplored. This impedes on your own growth and healing. Thriveworks Colorado Springs wants to make sure you have the opportunity to live your best life, whatever that looks like.
Thriveworks Colorado Springs sees clients for a wide variety of reasons. There is never a reason too big or too small! Some of the more common reasons you might seek counseling with Thriveworks Colorado Springs include:
- Family dynamics counseling
- Couples and Marriage Counseling
- Self-harm and Suicidal thoughts
- Substance Abuse/Addiction
And much more! If you have questions about counseling in Colorado Springs or are wondering if this is the right step for you, give us a call. Our counselors are happy to speak with you.
What Does Counseling for Spanish Speakers Look Like?
Thriveworks Colorado Springs is a client-focused practice. That means we will always put you at the center of our counseling sessions. What are your goals? Your doubts? How are you most comfortable in a counseling session?
There is a lot of great research and ideas out there on how to best conduct a counseling session. While this is all great, and we will definitely draw on our training and experience, the best counseling comes from a relationship of trust and understanding between a counselor and their client. This is another reason why it can be so helpful to have a counseling session in your native language!
Of course, there are some well-researched tools our Colorado Springs counselors can teach you. Our goal is to strengthen and encourage you until you don’t need a counselor and are able to take on the world with confidence. We will always be here for you, whether you need someone weekly or just a “check-up” every now and again. But our goal as counselors is to help you overcome whatever you are struggling with now so you can take the next step in your life.
Some of the common techniques we might use in a counseling session includes:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)- Identifying negative, untrue thoughts and the behaviors/emotions associated with them and changing those thoughts to be true and positive.
- Talk Therapy- the most common therapy that involves simply talking through your problems and emotions with a licensed counselor who can guide you to a place of awareness and healing.
- Holistic Counseling- techniques like mindfulness, yoga, and walking therapy are a great way for some people to fully realize themselves and work through tough subjects.
- Unconditional support- sometimes the result of a counseling session is to change something in your life. While this is scary, you don’t have to do it alone. Thriveworks Colorado Springs is here to support and guide you through the process of removing or adding things to your life.
This is just a brief overview of what may happen in a Colorado Springs counseling session. Our counselors will work with you to find the approach that works best.
You deserve to live a life that is fulfilling and hopeful. Thriveworks Colorado Springs can help you get there. Give us a call to schedule and get an appointment today.