Connection Group Counseling in Colorado Springs, CO
Connect, Explore Interests, Belong, Be Industrious, Have Fun
Has your son or daughter lost interest in activities they used to love? Are they wanting to sit in their rooms for hours at a time? Spending hours on social media? Are they not wanting to talk with you about what’s happening in their lives? If these are all true, you may want to consider placing your son or daughter in a small group at Thriveworks Colorado Springs. Much comfort is felt knowing your child is connecting and talking with others – knowing they have the support they need to grow their self-confidence. This group is specifically designed for adolescents with depression and anxiety; it’s a great complement to individual therapy.
Group for Connection:
We believe small counseling groups provide an inclusive and safe environment to allow children and adolescents to learn, to grow, and to develop resiliency. Resiliency is key, as it will increase your child’s tolerance with mistakes, failures and setbacks – allowing them to grow stronger through their struggles.
Benefits of a counseling group:
- Strong sense of belonging
- Connection with same aged peers
- Sharing of positive ideas
- Growth in self-worth and self confidence
- Strengthen relationship skills
- Sharpen communication skills
- Find passions and interests
Teens enjoy this group! Quotes from them:
- “I feel like I am not alone”
- “Small group makes me feel calm”
- “It has helped me cope and relate to other people struggling with the same problems as me.”
- “Small group makes me feel better about my day.”
- “I learned a lot of new coping skills.”
- “I learned that when I am more respectful, things will go better for me”
How does it work?
At Thriveworks Colorado Springs, we have several small groups. Our group for Connection will meet a total of 8 sessions. There will be a 6 children or adolescents in each group, with 2 providers. The cost is $400 for the 8 sessions. There is a group for children in middle school, as well as a group for high schoolers.
We will meet at our convenient location at 5410 Powers Point Center (near Research and Powers). Feel free to drop your child off and do errands, or relax with coffee or tea in our comfortable waiting room.
Call 719-266-3919 to make an appointment. Spaces are limited.