Addiction Counseling in Bethlehem, PA—Counselors and Therapists at Thriveworks Lehigh Valley
People often need counseling or therapy to overcome their addiction because they can’t stop using even if or when they want to. They can’t control their urge to drink, gamble, shop, use. Because they know what it feels like when they fulfill that craving. They long for that fulfillment, as well as the comfort and satisfaction the substance or behavior brings them.
There are different types of addiction, of which we touched on above: you can become addicted to alcohol and other substances, and you can become addicted to activities like gambling, shopping, and eating. Whatever the case, it’s important you seek the help you need to control your addiction and live a healthy, successful life. That’s our mission at Thriveworks—to lead you on your mission to living better. If you need addiction counseling, reach out to Thriveworks Bethlehem, as we’re able and eager to help.
What Are Common Signs of Addiction?
There are different signs of addiction: there are physical, emotional, and behavioral changes that can signify an addiction. Let’s break those down:
- Physical Signs: These include weight loss, hyperactivity, malnourishment, paleness, and unpleasant body odor.
- Emotional Signs: These include irritability, denial, blame, and loss of interest in day to day activities as well as those once beloved by the individual
- Behavioral Signs: These include isolation, lying to loved ones, financial strain, and difficulty at school or work.
If these signs sound all too familiar then you might be struggling with an addiction. And as you can see, addiction can cause some serious damage to the afflicted individual as well as his or her loved ones—which is exactly why it’s so important to seek treatment. If you’re concerned about your habits and think you might have a problem, consider working with a counselor or psychologist at Thriveworks Bethlehem.
Do I Need Addiction Counseling?
As we just discussed, the signs are there. However, it isn’t always easy for one to realize they have a problem. And if they do realize they have a problem, they might be hesitant to admit it or talk about it. In addition to the signifiers listed above, these individuals also often…
- Plan to change their habits, but haven’t yet succeeded
- Have failed to follow through on their responsibilities
- Suffer significantly in their personal and/or professional lives
The good news is that a counselor can help. Counseling has proven to effectively treat addiction. And while each counseling journey is different, depending on the client and their specific circumstances, this process often involves learning how to manage their addiction in everyday life, as well as forming healthier habits that will help them sustain a happier, healthier, and more successful life.
Schedule an Appointment with a Counselor or Psychologist at Thriveworks Bethlehem
If you’re struggling with an addiction, seek addiction counseling at Thriveworks Bethlehem. Not only do our providers want to help, but they have the expertise, the training, and the experience to help you find healing and accomplish your goals. Additionally, they truly care about your success in counseling and in life.
To set up an appointment, all you have to do is give us a call at 484-241-2848. One of our scheduling specialists will gather your basic information and help you find a counselor who can best help you. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you’re hesitant about calling to schedule that appointment:
- Our counselors and therapists are the best of the best. They’re experts in their field and their passion is providing their counselors with the care they need.
- Treatment is just around the corner. Don’t expect to wait weeks or months to get started; instead, you can expect to begin as soon as tomorrow!
- We offer hours that will work with your schedule. We get that daytime and weekday appointments don’t work for everybody, so we offer evening and weekend sessions too!
If you’re ready to get started, so are we. Call Thriveworks Bethlehem today to get started. We look forward to hearing from you soon!