Alice has been feeling extremely anxious. She doesn’t want to get out of bed in the morning because it feels like the only safe place. When she goes to work, she experiences overwhelming thoughts:
- Will I be able to get all of my assignments done on time? I don’t think I will.
- If I don’t, will I get in trouble? My boss is going to think that I’m inadequate.
- Is everyone else judging and laughing at me? They probably think I’m so stupid.
Alice finally opens up to her sister about how she’s been feeling. Quickly, she realizes that she isn’t just experiencing this anxious thinking at work. She’s experiencing it in her relationships. She’s experiencing it everywhere, sometimes randomly. As soon as she gets off the phone call, she schedules an appointment with a psychiatrist to get to the bottom of her anxiety.
Psychiatrists assist people just like Alice. They assess their clients’ symptoms of mental disorders and then are able to offer a diagnosis and a plan for treatment. Sometimes, they go on to provide that treatment or they set their clients up with a provider who can.
If you are experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition, consider talking to an online psychiatrist at Thriveworks in Boca Raton, FL. Here at Thriveworks, we can conduct the majority of psychiatric services online. While there are instances where you may be required to go into the office, you can expect to meet with your psychiatrist over the phone or video chat for the majority of your sessions.
Who Can Benefit from Talking to a Psychiatrist?
Psychiatrists can help many people with various mental health challenges. As you saw in the example above, people who suffer with anxiety can benefit from talking to a psychiatrist. People who suffer with other mental disorders can also benefit from consulting a psychiatrist.
Here are a few common mental health conditions that should be discussed with a psychiatrist or another mental health professional:
- Anxiety disorders: Alice experienced anxiety in many different areas of her life. This means that she likely suffered from generalized anxiety disorder, but there are many other types of anxiety out there. For example, social anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), and specific phobias. Psychiatrists know all about these disorders and can offer diagnoses as well as treatment.
- Depressive disorders: As with anxiety disorders, there are different types of depression. There is major depression as well as minor depression. There is also postpartum depression and seasonal affective disorder. Psychiatrists are also well-versed on these conditions and they can help you secure the help that you need.
- Substance abuse and addiction: Substance abuse and addiction are serious mental health problems that should also be addressed with a mental health professional. If you are experiencing symptoms or think you might have a problem, they can help you get back to a healthier you.
If you are exhibiting symptoms of a mental health condition, such as one that is listed above, consider reaching out to Thriveworks. We have psychiatrists and other mental health professionals who can help you manage your symptoms through therapy and/or medication.
Psychiatrists are able to provide medication management, unlike other mental health professionals. If they suggest a medication, they will make sure that you understand exactly how and when to take it, as well as what side effects you might experience. Additionally, if the medication doesn’t work for you, they will help you find one that does.
Schedule a Psychiatry Appointment at Thriveworks in Boca Raton, FL
Thriveworks makes scheduling an appointment for mental health services easy. We have a scheduling staff standing by to help you schedule your session 7 days a week. In addition, we offer flexible appointment options, including those in the evenings and on the weekends. We want your mental health treatment to be as convenient as possible.
If you choose to pursue psychiatric services at Thriveworks, you can expect to meet with your provider from the comfort of home via video chat or telephone. The majority of your appointments can be conducted this way; however, there may be times when your psychiatrist needs you to come into the office for a check-up or an assessment.
Schedule your appointment with an online psychiatrist at Thriveworks in Boca Raton, FL today. We are here to help you when you need it.