Couples therapy helps many couples to make important changes in their relationship that boos the health and happiness of the relationship as well as each individual. The harsh reality, though, is that sometimes two people still decide to separate after couples therapy or marriage counseling. Or, a relationship just isn’t meant to work. In these cases, the two individuals might benefit from divorce counseling.
“Don’t have regrets. You can learn something from every experience.” –Ellen DeGeneres
Divorce counselors help their clients through every step of the divorce process. They can provide you with the guidance and support you’re looking for mid-divorce or post-divorce. If you are in the Palm Beach area, you can find the help you need at Thriveworks Boca Raton divorce counseling. To schedule your first divorce counseling appointment, call (561) 285-3503. We can get you in as soon as tomorrow.
What to Expect from the Divorce Process
Divorce, much like the death of a loved one, is a loss. And it is often accompanied by many emotions that people feel during grief and loss. Here are a few common stages that you might enter during the divorce process:
- Denial: Much like the grief process, you might enter a stage of denial and have a difficult time accepting the reality of the situation. You might insist that everything will be okay and try to convince your spouse that you can work through this.
- Pain: It is likely that at some point during the divorce process you will feel pain and sadness. Just as you would mourn the death of a loved one, you must mourn the loss of this important relationship.
- Regret: Many people also experience feelings of regret. They reflect on their marriage and feel guilty about how they treated their spouse in certain situations.
- Acceptance: Eventually, you will accept the end of your marriage and the beginning of your new life. It’s normal to still feel sad during this stage of the divorce process, but you will begin to feel happier and soon enough your focus will be on moving forward.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to navigate the divorce process, and all of the emotions that come with it, by yourself. If you’re in the Palm Beach area, the divorce counselors at Thriveworks Boca Raton, FL would love to walk with you through this journey.
How Can Divorce Counseling Help?
When you begin divorce counseling at Thriveworks Boca Raton, FL your counselor will listen to your experience, understand your needs, and then create an individualized approach to treatment. They are trained to help you without judgment or bias. And they will not pressure you to make any decisions you don’t want to make, regarding your relationship or divorce.
A divorce counselor can prove beneficial in every stage of the divorce process. They can help you make important decisions such as who gets the house, who gets the kids on what days of the week, etc. They can also help you to cope with difficult changes and process the wide range of emotions you are likely experiencing. Additionally, they can help you and your ex learn to communicate more effectively and have a cordial relationship post-divorce.
Work with a Divorce Counselor at Thriveworks Boca Raton, FL in Palm Beach
Accepting the reality of divorce or separation is a huge challenge in and of itself. Add in the part about rebuilding or restructuring your life and you’ve got a mountain on your hands. Don’t try to climb this mountain alone—let someone help and support you through the divorce recovery process. There is no shame in asking for help. In fact, you should be proud of yourself for taking proactive steps toward a happier, healthier you.
If you are in the Palm Beach are and you’re looking for divorce counseling or divorce recovery support, come see us at Thriveworks Boca Raton, FL. We have counselors and therapists who specialize in helping individuals going through a divorce as well as individuals trying to put the pieces back together post-divorce. In any case, we want to help and we will use our skills, experience, and training to provide you with premium mental health services. You can call us today to set up your appointment at (561) 285-3503. A scheduling specialist will offer you the following:
- Next-day appointment: If you are going through a messy or difficult divorce, chances are you need that help and support right now. This is why we offer next-day appointments to our new clients.
- Flexible evening and weekend availability: In addition, many of our counselors and therapists have evening and weekend availability. They want to best accommodate and help the Palm Beach community.
If you’re ready to see a divorce counselor, call Thriveworks Boca Raton. We’re here to help and guide you through this difficult time.