Counseling for Breakups — Therapists and Counselors in Knoxville, TN
It is usually not a good experience to break up from one’s lover, partner or spouse. A lot of emotions are involved in the process: Some people could be very sad, disappointed or betrayed. But life must go on. You must find a way to embrace a peaceful, new life.
Common Symptoms of Relationship Breakups
Some or all of the symptoms below are common to people going through relationship breakups:
- Physical discomfort and pain
- Lack of motivation
- Inability to sleep well
- Feeling nervous or anxious
- Feeling hopeless
- Thinking of killing himself or herself
The most sensible thing to do at this junction is to seek relationship breakup counseling soon after the breakup has been finalized. You may not be able to deal with this unfortunate situation yourself; an experienced breakup therapist should be able to help you transition into a better life after the breakup.
Challenges People Usually Faced After Breakups
- Social challenge: Breakup people normally avoid associating themselves with their former friends, colleagues and associates.
- Financial challenge: Breakup may force some individuals to start catering for themselves financially, now that they have lost financial assistance from their former spouse, lover or partner.
- Mental challenge: One of the most common symptoms of relationship breakup is mental illness, which can either come in the form of depression or anxiety disorder.
How Can a Qualified Relationship Counselor Help in this Case?
Outlined below are the ways a qualified relationship counselor or therapist can help you overcome all your worries after a breakup:
- He/she will listen attentively to you and offer practical suggestions
- He/she will provide useful counseling according to the initial information gathered from you.
- He/she will keep it real and proffer pieces of advice that are concrete and actionable
- He/she will guide you through a process of self-recovery
- He/she will establish an atmosphere of positivity and self-confidence-boosting for you.
- He/she will help you remove guilt and self-accusation from your mind
- He/she will cultivate an air of self-expression and better communication ability in you.
Try to give us a call if you are dealing with any of the relationship breakup issues described above.