Connecting Couples Workshop at Thriveworks in Colorado Springs, CO
Relationships can feel amazing, with high emotions of love, respect, care and concern. However, relationships can also leave us feeling hopeless and confused. It’s inevitable that at some point during a relationship, there will be disagreements and conflicts. We wonder if it’s possible to return to a healthy functioning relationship again. The good news is that – YES! – you can and you will. We have seen several relationships return to a healthy state or even a “better than ever” state!
Since you are reading this page, maybe you are thinking about leaving the relationship. In some cases, this may be best, in other cases, counseling can work the kinks out and bring back respect, love, appreciation and fun. You’ve put so much time and energy into the relationship, let’s work to restore it!
Many of us fall into daily routines, and forget to be intentional in our actions and don’t show our partner love and respect. Possibly, your situation involves a partner being unfaithful. Since trust is a cornerstone of a relationship, this can be very difficult. However, contrary to many beliefs, this doesn’t have to bust a relationship apart. We believe relationships can be resilient, growing stronger than ever after hardships.
“Connecting Couples” is a workshop that provides tips and strategies to help couples navigate their unique relationship. The workshop helps couples to:
- Stay positive through challenging times.
- Recognize patterns in communication, validation and empathy
- Manage stress.
- Build Intimacy
- Manage anxiety of the unknown
- Create ways to stay connected with your partner and family
What Can I Expect at a Connecting Couples Workshop at Thriveworks?
- The workshop is hosted online, through interactive video while we are under the statewide stay-at-home order. Attendees simply click a link from their device and join the online workshop.
- Either one member of the couple or both members of the couple may attend.
- There will be 8-15 attendees with the instructor who will lead the class.
- The class is intellectual: The instructor will explain concepts of relationships through lecture.
- The class is experiential: Attendees have the choice to engage in activities to try out the newly learned concepts.
Cathrin Moeller, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Connecting Couples Workshop Instructor at Thriveworks Counseling in Colorado Springs:
Cathrin’s life passion is helping others discover their own. She strives to help clients find their own purpose and passion for life, whatever that may be. Sometimes it may be buried beneath the stresses of life, but Cathrin will walk side by side with you as you both discover what makes you tick, and what may be stopping you from living your very best life.
Therapy is a journey, and it can be easy to get lost amongst the twist and turns. Cathrin serves as a travel guide so that together, you can work on your personal goals, find your strengths, and build your confidence. You deserve happiness- Cathrin is intent on helping you get it!
At the end of the day, this journey is about you and what you will heal from and discover. Cathrin’s role is to provide guidance and expertise. She offers a safe, nonjudgmental space for clients to come and mess up, get a little lost, and eventually find their way to growth and healing.
Cathrin has worked in a plethora of settings, including an inpatient crisis hospital, with military families, career counseling, and for a non-profit in a sexual abuse trauma treatment program. She specializes in Military Culture, Blended Families, Divorce, and Addiction.
Life is about learning how to deal with challenging and trying times in a way that works for you. Her goal is to empower you to find your own internal resources. She provides the support needed for you to gain a new perspective on how to create change.
Cathrin prefers a solution focused approach that is unique to every client. What works for you specifically? You’ll explore that question and more in a counseling session with Cathrin. She integrates other techniques which she has picked up over the years- always keeping it individualized to the client.
Oftentimes, the past which shaped us, is now keeping us stuck. Cathrin works with you to find your “stuck points” and explore how to get them unstuck at a pace comfortable to you.
- Every Saturday
- 11:00 am – 12:00
- Starting April 18th, 2020
- Online at Google Meet
- $25/session for an individual and $35/session for a couple
- Call us to see if your insurance will cover the cost
- No commitment. Come once or come weekly.