Chiropractic Care at Chapel Hill, NC
We learn at a young age that pain is a part of life—but that’s not to say this is an easy concept to accept, let alone understand. When we were kids, we’d fall down, scrape our elbows, and cry out in agony. Our parents would then scoop us up in their arms and gently place a Band-Aid on the injury—magically, we were healed. Today, however, as adults, we experience pain like we never have before and sometimes have trouble admitting to the suffering as well as seeking help.
“Sometimes, the disapproval of how you are managing your pain crosses over to disbelief that you are in as much pain as you say you are.
They don’t believe that your pain is a legitimate enough reason to rest or nap or cry or take medications or not go to work or to go to the doctor. They might think that you are making too big of a deal out of it. They doubt the legitimacy of the pain itself.
This kind of stigma is the source of the dreaded accusation that chronic pain is ‘all in your head.’ It’s as if to say that you are making a mountain out of a molehill.”
-Murray J. McAlister
As McAlister illustrates above, we’re often afraid to admit to our suffering. In reality, however, we have nothing to be ashamed of. And we deserve to heal from whatever pain we may experiencing. Fortunately, there are people who do recognize how difficult it is to deal with chronic pain, or even mere discomfort, in addition to understanding the importance of recovery. Thriveworks Chapel Hill is a prime example: we understand the importance of addressing such issues, and we offer multiple services to ensure people get the treatment that they need.
One of these therapeutic services is chiropractic care—a viable treatment option for those experiencing any level of pain or discomfort. We’re confident that we can set you up with an exceptional healthcare provider and get you the chiropractic care that you seek. The professionals we work with are dedicated to helping you heal, to fixing the problem before it gets worse, and to ultimately keeping your body as healthy as can be.
What Services Do Chiropractors Offer?
Chiropractors are healthcare providers who specialize in spinal health and wellbeing. Their everyday involves talking with patients about prevention and diagnosis, as well as treating their patients’ pain. This pain often occurs in one’s back, neck, head, or joints, which chiropractors work to relieve using a variety of techniques such as chiropractic adjustment: a controlled force that is applied by the chiropractor to rid the patient of pain and restore the joint’s range of mobility. In addition to treating pain, chiropractors also offer the following services…
- Injury rehabilitation: Many chiropractic patients are people who are recovering from an injury, such as a knee injury they received playing soccer or whiplash they experienced in a car accident. If you find yourself in a situation of the like, a chiropractor can work with you to help you recover more quickly and effectively, in addition to minimizing your pain.
- Soft tissue therapy: Other chiropractic patients seek treatment for areas of discomfort, which can be resolved or alleviated with soft tissue therapy. This is the manipulation of soft tissues (e.g., muscles, ligaments, joints) to relieve the discomfort often caused by everyday stress and misuse.
- Lifestyle recommendations: Sometimes, chiropractic care doesn’t center around hands-on therapy at all—instead, patients consult a chiropractor for lifestyle recommendations. While this might involve an initial exam, as well as a few follow-up exams, the bulk of this treatment is the provider’s giving advice to you about your day-to-day.
- Fitness coaching: Similarly, chiropractic care can revolve around fitness coaching. For example, if you are suffering from an injury and need help staying in shape while in rehabilitation, a chiropractor can help. Or, if you’re at risk of developing a severe medical condition later down the road, a chiropractor can help prevent the development through fitness coaching.
- Nutritional advice: And finally, chiropractors also serve their patients by offering nutritional advice. For instance, if you have developed a medical condition due to nutritional deficiencies, you can benefit from discussing a nutrition plan with a chiropractor.
Beginning Chiropractic Care
So, what does the process to beginning chiropractic care look like? Let’s take a look below:
- Comprehensive health history: First, your chiropractor will ask for a complete health history and background—this will help them understand if/how they can help the patient.
- Initial exam: Then, they’ll perform their own exam to further understand your needs and kickstart the process of determining the best approach to chiropractic care for your particular case.
- Treatment plan: Once you’ve completed this initial consultation, and the two of you have decided to move forward with treatment, the chiropractor will work on a clear treatment plan.
Ultimately, once your past the initial stages, how this process unfolds is based almost entirely on the problem you are presenting as well as what you hope to get out of your chiropractic care.
Seeing a Healthcare Provider at Thriveworks Chapel Hill
Does chiropractic care sound like something you’re interested in? We are happy to hear it! While you can’t always control the pain you experience, you can control how you react to it: one viable option being to proactively seek out treatment to relieve yourself of that suffering.
The skilled healthcare providers that work with Thriveworks Chapel Hill are beyond excited to give you the relief you’ve been seeking. Furthermore, they are more than happy to relieve you of stress, guide you in adopting a healthier lifestyle, and/or give you helpful advice regarding your diet and exercise routine. When you’re ready to start treatment, these professionals are ready too. Just pick up the phone and give Thriveworks Chapel Hill a call; a scheduling specialist will answer your call and help you set up an appointment right away.