If you’re like most people, you probably wish that you could attend your appointments without leaving home. Well, thanks to the Internet and modern-day technology, now you can. Telehealth is receiving health services online. In other words, you can attend your appointment with your doctor via electronic means. This is true when it comes to checking up on your physical health as well as your mental health!
That’s right, you can now attend counseling or therapy from the comfort, the convenience, the safety of home. At Thriveworks Chapel Hill, we provide online counseling by phone or video. This means that you can attend your counseling sessions by talking with your counselor over the phone or via video chat. It’s that simple. And regardless of which you choose, our providers are happy to meet you and help you address the mental health challenges you might be encountering.
If you’re searching for mental health services, online counseling might be the perfect way to get started. It allows clients to work with their provider right from home and empowers them to make meaningful progress in addressing a variety of life issues. Our mission is to help you live a happy, successful life. If you think you could benefit from working with one of our online counselors, consider reaching out today by calling (919) 636-5287.
Telephone Counseling and Video Counseling: Which Is Right for Me?
Working with a counselor online is easy. First, you decide whether you would like to attend your sessions over the phone or by video chat. Depending on which option you choose, your counselor or therapist will call you at the start of your appointment or meet you in the video chat room (they’ll send you the link in advance!). You don’t need any fancy technology, just a telephone, computer, or another device that will allow you to attend your appointment virtually.
If you’re deciding which online counseling option to pursue, know that it really comes down to personal preference. Both options prove effective and can enable you to make meaningful progress with your counselor. That said, here is a little more info about each option to help you better understand which option might be right for you:
- Online counseling by phone: Again, one online counseling option at Thriveworks Chapel Hill is telephone counseling. You might decide to take this route if you’d like to forego the normal face-to-face interaction you get in in-person therapy. Some people find that removing this factor from the equation allows them to open up more easily.
- Online counseling by video: Another effective and valuable online counseling option at Thriveworks Chapel Hill is video counseling. You might choose to work with your counseling over video instead of by phone if you value that face-to-face interaction but would prefer to attend your sessions from home.
If you still aren’t sure which online counseling option you want to pursue, that’s okay! We can help you work through your options and come to a decision. Keep in mind if you choose one and then decide that the other option might be better suited for you, that’s okay too.
How Can Online Therapy Benefit Me?
Online counseling, also known as online therapy and e-counseling, refers to mental health services that are conducted over the internet. It began as online discussions boards and telephone hotlines, but now it also includes one-on-one work with a licensed mental health professional. The mental health professionals at Thriveworks Chapel Hill, NC can help with a range of mental health problems and other life issues, including:
- Symptoms of a serious mental illness, like depression, anxiety, or PTSD
- Relationship issues, such as adultery or jealousy
- Major life changes, such as moving to a new town or starting a new job
- Challenges in parenting, such as agreeing on a parenting style
- Poor stress management, personally and/or professionally
These are but a few of many problems one might work with their online counselor to address. The mental health professionals at Thriveworks Chapel Hill are uniquely qualified—thanks to their skillsets, experience, and training—to help you with the above problems as well as many others. If you’re struggling mentally or emotionally, we want to help.
Book an Online Counseling Session at Thriveworks Chapel Hill, NC
Online counseling at Thriveworks Chapel Hill, NC is here to help you work through your mental health challenges and other life issues. It’s a great option for those who can’t leave home or who would prefer to stay home to receive counseling or therapy. Here at Thriveworks Chapel Hill, we are happy and proud to offer online counseling services.
To schedule your online counseling session, all you have to do is call our office at (919) 636-5287. We’ll be happy to assist you.