Chapel Hill Psychiatry—Psychiatric Help in Chapel Hill, NC
As adults, we dedicate much of our time and energy into honing our skills in a specific area. Some of us decide to become teachers and study exactly how to best help students learn. Others decide that they’d like to work with their hands and spend their days building houses. The spectrum is wide, but in any case, we can be considered professionals in our own regard.
Psychiatrists are people who decide to study psychiatry, a branch of medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of mental health conditions. These individuals gain the knowledge, skills, experience, and training necessary to diagnose and treat their clients who are exhibiting symptoms of mental illness.
When we need help, we often seek out help from a professional. If you need help with understanding, identifying, and managing a mental health condition like anxiety or depression, consider scheduling an appointment with a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists are happy to help their clients with their personal challenges.
Here at Thriveworks Counseling in Chapel Hill, NC, our psychiatrists offer telehealth appointments. This means that you can talk to a psychiatrist over the phone or video chat. This is a convenient way to receive psychiatric care, and we are happy to offer it to our clients. To schedule an appointment with one of our online psychiatrists, just call our office. We look forward to helping you.
When Can Psychiatrists Help?
Psychiatrists can help when someone is experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition, especially when it is having a negative impact on their day to day life. Here are some symptoms of mental illness that can prove damaging and difficult to manage:
- Depressive thoughts and feelings
- Anxious thoughts and feelings
- Irritability or mood swings
- Insomnia or another sleep disturbance
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness
- Withdrawal from loved ones
- Trouble concentrating at work
- Body aches
If you are experiencing these symptoms, it’s crucial that you consult a mental health professional. Remember what we said earlier? It’s normal to seek a professional’s help in the given area. There is no reason to feel ashamed for doing so.
A psychiatrist can help by assessing your symptoms, offering a diagnosis, and then formulating a treatment plan that addresses your condition. Psychiatrists can also conduct this treatment themselves, which might include talk therapy and/or medication.
Medication Management: A Pillar of Mental Health Treatment
A major difference between psychiatrists and psychologists or other mental health providers is that psychiatrists are qualified to offer medication management. They can determine which type of medication might best benefit their client and then help them take it successfully. In order to do so, they:
- Understand their client’s specific needs
- Explain to their client exactly how they should take their medication
- Monitor how the medication affects their client
- If it doesn’t help or the negative side effects outweigh the positive, the psychiatrist can identify another medication that is better suited for the client
- Can alter the prescription as needed
Medication management is an important pillar of mental health treatment. It is often used to help individuals manage depression, anxiety, and other mental health conditions. This, combined with therapy, proves time and time again to help people live better.
Work with an Online Psychiatrist at Thriveworks Counseling in Chapel Hill
Thriveworks Counseling has been providing quality mental health care since 2008. We are committed, as always, to helping people live better by setting them up with skilled and caring mental health professionals.
If you think that you could find value in talking to a psychiatrist, call our office to schedule your appointment. Here at Thriveworks, we offer our clients premium counseling benefits, which help to create an overwhelmingly positive experience. These benefits include:
- Fast-turnaround: New clients can often meet their provider within 24-48 hours of scheduling their appointment.
- Telehealth appointments: As we mentioned earlier, our clients can work with their provider online. When it comes to psychiatry, you can expect to attend most of your sessions over the phone or video. However, your psychiatrist might ask that you come in for an assessment or check-up every now and then.
- Flexible sessions: In addition to online counseling opportunities, we also offer appointments in the evenings and on weekends to improve access to our mental health services.
To schedule your appointment with a psychiatrist, just call our office. We are excited to meet you and begin working with you soon!