Depression Therapists in Sterling Heights, MI—Macomb Therapy
Each and every day, we face a challenge. Standstill traffic, a long line at the coffee shop, a stressful work assignment, a fight with our significant other. In some instances, we’re able to successfully work through these challenges: we take a back road, we find another local coffee spot, we ask a coworker for help, we talk through the disagreement. In other instances, though, we aren’t able to work through the challenge at hand. At least not on our own.
“Asking for other’s guidance helps you see what you may not be able to see. It’s always important to check your ego and ask for help.”
Depression is a serious challenge that many people face in their everyday—and they often need help overcoming or managing it. Why? Because depression has some seriously concerning symptoms like despair, worthlessness, disinterest in the things we used to love, and sometimes even suicidal thoughts. It’s difficult to manage a problem as big as this on our own. Not to mention, if we don’t address the problem soon, it can worsen and negatively affect our wellbeing further.
Are you searching for Macomb therapy for depression? There is good news! There are professionals dedicated to helping people who have depression. The depression counselors and psychologists at Thriveworks Sterling Heights in Macomb County specialize in assisting their clients with understanding and managing their symptoms. Once they get to know you, they will utilize their skills and experience to design an effective treatment plan for you. Ultimately, they will help you to live a happier, healthier life. Reach out for mental health services at Thriveworks Sterling Heights today.
Am I Depressed? What Are the Symptoms?
A big problem is that you might not know you’re depressed. You might even be experiencing symptoms, but you don’t recognize them as symptoms of depression. For example, if you feel tired all of the time, you might just chalk it up to the cold you had a week ago. Or, if you don’t feel super motivated to hang out with friends lately, you might just blame it on the bad weather. In reality, changes in activity level and lack of motivation or interest are two symptoms of depression. Here is a list comprised of these and other symptoms:
- Lack of motivation
- Loss of interest in daily activities
- Inability to concentrate
- Changes in weight/appetite
- Suicidal thoughts
Do any of these symptoms sound familiar? If you are experiencing any combination of the above, you should consider working with a depression counselor or psychologist at Thriveworks Sterling Heights in Macomb, MI. Our counselors and psychologists can offer a diagnosis, as well as help you understand and manage your symptoms.
Depression Is Treatable
There are several treatment methods for depression that have helped millions of people to live happier, healthier lives. These include medication, counseling (or therapy), and self-care. Because depression varies from person to person, effective treatment can also vary from person to person. For example, one person might benefit primarily from counseling, while another might need both counseling and medication.
- Medication: The most common form of medication for depression are antidepressants: selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), and others. Antidepressants work by balancing chemicals called neurotransmitters in one’s brain. They can improve mood, sleep, focus, and appetite.
- Counseling: Counseling helps individuals to understand what causes or adds to their depression. Causes might include a tough breakup, the loss of a loved one, diminished self-esteem, and so on. Depression counseling involves discussing one’s thoughts and feelings, then making changes to improve those thoughts and ultimately the individual’s life.
- Self-care: Self-care is important to the health and wellbeing of all people! All of us can benefit from engaging in self-care. And those with depression can feel relief from their symptoms by practicing self-care techniques such as journaling, exercising, or just spending quality time with friends.
Again, you might find that one form of treatment works better than others! Work with a professional to figure out what you need. Our depression counselors and psychologists are ready to get to work today.
Set Up a Depression Counseling Session at Thriveworks Sterling Heights in Macomb
If you feel depressed, get the help that you need. Call Thriveworks Sterling Heights near Rochester today to work with a depression counselor or psychologist. Our counselors and therapists are the best of the best: they possess a wide range of skills and ample experience, which enable them to help their clients live better.
We offer flexible appointments, including weekends and evenings. In addition, we accept many different insurance plans, so that we can help as many people as possible. Call us today to schedule an appointment at Thriveworks Sterling Heights in Macomb, MI.