Addiction Counseling in Sterling Heights, MI—Macomb Therapy for Addiction
Anyone who has ever dealt with an addiction knows just how crippling it can be. This disease is characterized by an intense focus on using a certain substance or engaging in a specific behavior. For example, the most talked about addictions are drug and alcohol addiction; there are also, though, addictions to gambling, shopping, and more. Unfortunately, these individuals become so fixed on the substance or behavior that they aren’t able to resist the urge to use or engage. And climbing out of this downward spiral can feel impossible.
“Although difficult, change is always possible. What holds us back from making the changes we desire are our own limiting thoughts and actions.”
Fortunately, there are effective treatments out there for those with addiction issues, one being counseling. Addiction counselors and psychologists develop a personalized plan for recovery for each individual they work with. They also offer unwavering support to their clients, which is crucial to this recovery process. Additionally, addiction counselors help individuals to maintain sobriety when they reach this milestone.
Are you in Rochester, looking for addiction help? If you are struggling with an addiction, an addiction counselor or psychologist at Thriveworks Sterling Heights in Macomb can help you. They will work to check all of the boxes we just detailed above: they will develop an individualized treatment plan just for you; they will support you through the process; and they will help you to stay sober in the later stages of recovery. Our counselors and psychologists are highly qualified to guide you through the addiction recovery process. Give us a call today at (586) 238-4265 to schedule an appointment.
How Can a Counselor or Psychologist Help with Addiction Recovery?
Counselors can supplement addiction recovery in several ways. We detailed the overarching themes in addiction counseling above, but to be more specific, an addiction counselor works to…
- Understand the cause or root of one’s addiction in counseling sessions
- Develop an effective plan for helping one to manage symptoms of addiction
- Provide nonjudgmental, lasting support for clients
- Administer drug tests to ensure the individual isn’t using the substance
- Incorporate affected friends and family members in treatment
If you are struggling with an addiction, or you are worried that a bad habit might turn into an addiction, consider working with an addiction counselor or psychologist at Thriveworks Sterling Heights in Macomb, MI. Don’t wait any longer to begin the recovery process. Call today to take that first step toward a better life.
What Makes for Successful Addiction Recovery?
The addiction counselors at Thriveworks Sterling Heights in Macomb County are trained to help their clients heal from addiction. This training, as well as their skills, knowledge, and experience enable these professionals to lead each individual on a successful path to recovery. They might choose from a handful of effective approaches to addiction counseling including:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): This form of therapy focuses on helping individual to understand and improve their thoughts, which heavily influence their behaviors. Using CBT, a therapist can help their clients to identify the triggers that lead to engaging in the addictive behavior.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT): DBT is also helpful in addiction recovery, as a main focus for these therapists is helping their clients to develop effective coping strategies for stressful situations, unlike turning to an addictive substance or behavior.
- Holistic therapies: Holistic therapy can also help clients to reflect on their behavior, practice healthy coping techniques, and communicate their needs. A couple examples of holistic therapy include art therapy and music therapy.
The addiction counselors and psychologists at Thriveworks Sterling Heights in Macomb will assess your specific situation and needs. Then, they will develop a plan that is best suited for you. Call today to get started.
Schedule a Session with an Addiction Counselor at Thriveworks Sterling Heights in Macomb
We want to help you live a better life now. If you are struggling with addiction, you shouldn’t put off the recovery process. Get your life back on track as soon as you notice that you’re off course—and consider working with an addiction counselor or psychologist at Thriveworks Sterling Heights.
Are you looking for Macomb therapy to help with your addiction? Are you in the Rochester area? Call us today at (586) 238-4265 to schedule an appointment. A scheduling specialist will answer your call and help you to set up a session with an addiction counselor at your earliest convenience. You will have flexible scheduling options to choose from, including evening and weekend appointments! We hope to hear from you soon.