Therapists, Counselors, and Life Coaches—Mental Health Care in McDonough, GA
Here at Thriveworks, we believe that everyone can benefit from working with a mental health professional, whether it be a therapist, a counselor, or a life coach. Our providers can help you overcome whatever obstacle is standing in your way: perhaps depressive or anxious feelings, a disagreement with your spouse, or maybe a major life decision. In any case, there is a way around, over, or through the hurdle.
“A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.”
– Christopher Reeve
The providers at Thriveworks McDonough have the skills, the experience, and the dedication to help you overcome the obstacles in your life. They’ve seen firsthand just how beneficial mental health care is and they’re eager for you to experience these benefits yourself. They know they can make a difference in your life through in-person counseling or online therapy—all you have to do is let them in.
Overcoming Life’s Obstacles with a Mental Health Professional
A mental health professional’s primary job is to assist his or her clients in overcoming the challenge(s) they face and living an overall healthier, happier life. These challenges vary among us, but there are some common issues that therapists and counselors address:
- Harmful thoughts/feelings
- Depression, anxiety, and other mental illnesses
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship problems
- Adjusting to major life transitions
These are just a few issues therapists and counselors help their clients work through. In any regard, your provider at Thriveworks McDonough can help you find health, happiness, and healing. Let’s take a closer look at just how our providers can help you. Envision the following:
- You and your spouse have had a rough few months. It seems like every day you’re getting into a new explosive fight—about where to go for dinner tonight, whose turn it is to take out the trash and do the dishes, when to put the kids to bed, and on and on. Now, instead of repeating this harmful cycle, or allowing it to have irreversible effects on your marriage, meet with a marriage therapist. They can help you address any suppressed feelings that might be leading to these arguments, learn healthier communication strategies, and more.
- You’ve lived in the same little town your entire life—that is, until now. You finally decided it was time for a new adventure. You’ve been excited ever since you had this revelation, but you’re also feeling extremely nervous and anxious about this whole move. The doubts start to creep in: What if I hate it in this new city? What if I don’t make any friends? What if I can’t find a job? Instead of allowing these doubts to rule your life, meet with a counselor or therapist and correct your negative thoughts. They will help you to identify unhelpful thoughts and adopt more positive ones that will make for a much healthier, happier you.
- Your family and friends have always known you to be the happy-go-lucky one; the one that’s always cracking jokes and lifting everyone else’s spirits. Recently, though, you haven’t been cracking many jokes. Lifting everyone else’s spirits? You can’t even smile yourself; you’re so unhappy. You don’t know why you’re experiencing these significant changes, but you don’t like it. And people are starting to take notice. They’re starting to worry. Instead of sitting idly by, worrying about these changes, see a therapist. They can help you explore these new feelings, understand the cause of these changes, and help you return to the happy person you miss.
Schedule a Session Today at Thriveworks McDonough
Did any of the above scenarios resonate with you? Perhaps you and your spouse have been fighting and you need a healthy intervention; or maybe you’re experiencing some negative thoughts and feelings about moving and you need to come back down to Earth. Whatever the case may be, a mental health professional at Thriveworks McDonough can help. We work hard to offer quality healthcare, starting with your initial call or consultation. You can look forward to the following:
- Promptness: After you call and speak with one of our scheduling specialists, you will be set up with your therapist, counselor, or life coach as soon as possible! That is, as long as that sounds good to you!
- Flexibility: If you don’t have time for a session during the work week, no worries. We understand that life can get a big busy and a bit crazy, so we offer weekend appointments too!
- Dedication: Perhaps most importantly, you can expect to work with a dedicated mental health professional who truly cares about your wellbeing and the progress that you make in your sessions.
Are you ready to get started with one of one of our mental health services? Call Thriveworks McDonough today to schedule an in-person counseling or online therapy appointment. We’re excited to hear from you!
Our Clients Get More
We call this The Thriveworks Difference
|Thriveworks||Typical Counseling Practice|
|Offices open early and late|
|Same- or next-day appointments|
|Appointments start on time||Unlikely|
|Care at 100+ locations|
|Phone access to your provider between sessions|
|Email access to your provider between sessions|
|Providers that accept major insurance plans|
|Online counseling opportunities||Unlikely|
|Ask-a-coach 24hr Q&A|
|Exclusive video content|
|Counselor-moderated community discussion|
|Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations|
|A free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind”|