Christian Counseling in Durham, NC
From the time you start to practice Christianity, you are taught the importance of setting aside time to grow your relationship with God. You know the importance of reading scripture, attending church, and praying. Maybe as you have grown and life has gotten crazier, you have had less time to dive deeper into your faith. Wherever you are in your journey with God, it’s never too late to make religion a priority.
I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you’re grateful, you’ll see God open up new doors. –Joel Osteen
When life gets tough, your ability to remain faithful and hopeful is powerful. However, seeking guidance and support along the way is not something to be shameful of. At Thriveworks Counseling in Durham, NC, we offer Christian counseling to those Christians seeking assistance to get back on the right path in their faith and overcome the challenges they are facing. We believe in taking a holistic approach to the way we help our clients. The mind, body, and spirit are all key factors in how we not only tackle our concerns but work towards an overall healthier state of being. Christian counseling combines a unique array of skills and techniques to help you during this journey. Call our office at (919) 629-3854 to start working with one of our counselors.
What Can I Expect During Christian Counseling?
Deciding to take the next step towards strengthening your faith and tackling your concerns is powerful. We understand that this can be an intimidating process when you don’t know what to expect. The uncertainty can cause you to feel nervous, however, we want to help ease your mind when going into your first session.
Our Christian coaches at Thriveworks Counseling in Durham, NC are caring, compassionate, and understanding. They combine lessons of faith with psychological practices to carefully craft a unique plan of action, tailored to your wants, needs, and goals. Once they find the appropriate treatment plan, they will then start working with you in a variety of ways such as:
- Biblical lessons: As a Christian coach, your counselor will directly pull from scripture during your sessions. It’s important to reflect in the bible to connect with God on a deeper level. This also allows you to strengthen your faith and use the bible as a way to help you get through future challenges.
- Prayer: Additionally, we understand how important it is to use prayer in our daily lives. Your counselor can help you during prayer and offer guidance if you are unsure of where to start.
- Therapeutic tools: In addition to prayer and scripture, a variety of therapeutic tools will be used. This may include ways to manage stress or anger, coping mechanisms, and more.
- Education: One of the most powerful tools is education. During your sessions, you will learn more and more about your faith and will connect with your Christian coach on a deeper and more meaningful level. Not only will you feel more educated in your faith, but your confidence will grow in your personal, work, and church life.
These are just some of the ways your counselor will connect with you during your sessions. There are so many ways to help you grow in faith and it’s important to remember it’s not just about the destination, but the journey.
Who Can Benefit from Christian Coaching?
There are a lot of different reasons to seek help from a Christian counselor besides strengthening your faith. Although that is a great reason to, we understand that everyone may be going through different obstacles as well. At Thriveworks Counseling, you can receive guidance for other areas such as:
- Anxiety, depression, and/or other mental illnesses
- Grief over the loss of a loved one
- Marital problems such as infidelity and poor communication
- Hormonal changes in adolescent children
- Turmoil within the family unit
- Coping with past trauma and PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Low self-esteem
- Unhappiness with progression in your job and personal goals
- Stress management
- Addiction therapy or how to cope with someone you love who has an addiction
The list above touches on just some areas of counseling that we can help you with. An important goal of Christian counseling is to help Christians identify their behaviors and habits that do not match God’s teachings. In addition, we want to help you restore your commitment to your faith by giving you the tools to be successful in your walk with Christ.
Start a Relationship with a Christian Counselor at Thriveworks Counseling in Durham, NC
If you feel ready to start your journey with a Christian counselor towards the path of a full, blessed life, Thriveworks might be just what you need. Our counselors treat all of our clients with complete, compassionate care.
To secure an appointment with one of our therapists, you can book your session online through our booking portal or by calling (919) 629-3854 to be connected with a scheduling specialist. We offer a wide range of availability for our sessions to better serve you. In addition to our in-office appointments, we also offer online counseling via telephone or video.
We are so excited to hear from you.
Browse top-rated therapists across North Carolina
Find one who meets your needs. We accept most insurances,and we offer weekend and evening sessions.×