Divorce Counseling in Rock Hill, SC – Counselors & Therapists in York County
Life is full of beginnings and endings. Both can be painful, and both are necessary to our growth. Of course, just because they are necessary doesn’t make them easy. Divorces are no exception. The decisions leading up to a divorce, the process of it, and the aftermath all have unique challenges that can bring a storm of emotions and logistical problems.
A divorce can make it feel like you’re alone, and the labyrinth of decisions makes it easy to push your mental and emotional health to the backseat. The divorce counselors in Rock Hill are here to take some weight off your shoulders and give you room to breathe. Divorce is hard, but you can still have the room to live.
To schedule an appointment today or to get more information, call us at (803) 368-6499.
What is Divorce Counseling?
Just like how every divorce is different, every session at Thriveworks Rock Hill divorce counseling will be different. Our sessions are individualized to meet your needs and goals. Everything we do revolves around you– your lifestyle, your concerns, your doubts, and your dreams.
Whatever individual path the divorce counseling session takes, the therapeutic journey will most likely be broken up into three key stages. Not everyone goes through all three stages, some stay in one or two, and some skip around. Wherever you are, our Rock Hill divorce counselors will meet you where you’re at.
- Personal and Emotional- There’s a lot of logistics in a divorce. So much so that it can be easy to ignore the tsunami of emotions that might be welling up. When left unchecked, the emotional turmoil of a divorce can progress into depression, anxiety, insomnia, grief, and other concerns.
- Logistical Issues- After a divorce is complete, you’ll be entering into a whole new stage of life. Budgets are different, living situations are different, maybe your work or family looks different. It can feel impossible to juggle all the new things while keeping everything straight, but a Thriveworks Rockhill counselor will help you do so healthily and promptly.
- Lifestyle Changes- Your life continues after a divorce. What is not so certain is how that life will look. You might have different friends, different schedules, and different responsibilities. This shift can take a while, and that’s okay! Divorce counseling in Rock Hill provides a safe, supportive space so you can lean into sureness and security.
Is Divorce Counseling Right for Me?
It’s never easy deciding to see a counselor, and it can be even harder when deciding to see a divorce counselor. Some people correlate seeing a divorce counselor as weakness. Afterall, isn’t a divorce partly about becoming more independent and not relying on someone?
You are not weak for wanting to see a professional counselor. Just because someone else did it without a counselor doesn’t mean you have to. What you deserve is whatever is best for your mental health and future. For many people, this means seeing a counselor.
There are some signs to look for that could mean a divorce has taken a negative toll on your life. As you engage in some self-reflection remember to practice grace with yourself. Your whole life is shifting, and that’s going to change some things inside and outside. Take a deep breath, remember that this is just a moment in time, and take a step towards the life you want to have.
Examples that could mean a divorce is taking a big toll on your life include:
- Feeling like you can’t handle the pressure, stress, or high emotions
- Difficulty finding joy in activities you used to love
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Unusually high levels of anger, depression, or anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Isolation from friends and family
- Unusual eating habits (loss of appetite or uncontrollable eating)
- Difficulty performing basic tasks
Change and endings don’t have to be negative. It might be hard, but with Thriveworks Rock Hill you can build a future you’re excited for!
Does Thriveworks Rock Hill Offer Divorce Counseling for Kids?
Having children while going through a divorce can add a lot of pressure to a divorce. As a parent, you put your child’s wellbeing before all else, and protecting their emotional and mental health while going through a divorce is no different!
Despite what many stereotypes say about two-home families, research has shown that two good homes are better than one bad home. Divorce will probably be hard on your child, but they can still live a healthy, fulfilling, amazing life!
Thriveworks Rock Hill divorce counseling for kids is a nonjudgmental space for children and adolescents to work through their emotions and doubts. They might be experiencing, abandonment, guilt, or hurt. This is not your fault! You have to do what is best for you and your family, and as we said, a divorce doesn’t have to hurt a child’s present or future.
Does Thriveworks Rock Hill Offer Counseling for Co-Parenting?
There is much you must adapt to after a divorce, and one of the most pressing concerns might be co-parenting. As a parent, you want to be involved in your child’s life and continue to show them love. Switching to a different parenting style can make this difficult at first, but it doesn’t have to be impossible.
Rock Hill divorce therapists have mentored and supported many newly divorced parents as they learn how to work together, maintain their personal boundaries, and provide the best life for their children. We are here to answer your questions, encourage you, and help you manage the difficulties of co-parenting as they arise.
Co-parenting is an incredibly rewarding experience. You can have an impact on your child’s life while having a healthy personal mindset, too. It’ll take some time to master co-parenting, and you’ll make a few mistakes, but the reward of watching your child grow up in peace is worth it.
Schedule a Divorce Therapy Session Today
Divorces can be the type of endings that sting. But just like all endings, they are simply the start of something new. With the right support you can navigate your divorce and come out on the other side with healthier relationships and stronger mental health.
We offer convenient appointment times – day, evening, and weekend appointments. We accept most major insurance plans. Plus, there’s no waiting list for appointments. We can offer most appointments in 24-48 hours.
To schedule an appointment or talk to one of our team members, call Thriveworks Rock Hill divorce counseling at (803) 368-6499.