With Thriveworks, Online therapy is an effective alternative to in-person therapy services in which a client can speak to a Thriveworks therapist remotely via online video conferencing. Online sessions are just as effective as in-person treatment, but they can also provide added benefits like reduced travel time, saving money on transportation or childcare, and increased access to care.
Online therapy works much like traditional in-person therapy but takes place through secure video conferencing. Clients can attend Online therapy from any safe place they choose that has access to the internet, whether that be their home or another easily accessible place. Like in-person treatment, a therapist will work with their client to address their concerns, create goals, and establish an effective treatment plan.
Our Thriveworks therapists at Thriveworks in Bensalem, PA accept most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session, depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Online counseling is the alternative to in-person counseling, especially those looking for a more convenient option. Instead of working with your therapist at his or her office, you meet with them virtually from wherever you need or prefer! Yes, this means you can attend your therapy session from the comfort and convenience of your own home. Just make sure you have Wi-Fi or phone service when the time comes to connect with your counselor. Speaking of which, you’ll get to choose how you want to meet with your counselor. Your options include:
- Phone counseling
- Videoconference counseling
- Email/text messaging
Any of the above can prove effective—just think about your needs, goals, and preferences, and then choose which option you think is right for you. For example, if you’d prefer to have a structured therapy session (as you do in the traditional in-person approach to therapy), you’re probably better off choosing phone counseling or videoconference counseling. On the other hand, if you’re open to a more casual and flexible experience, email/text messaging might suit you well!
In any case, if you are interested in online therapy, reach out to Thriveworks Bensalem, PA in Bucks County online counseling. We have therapists and counselors on our team who are happy to help and support you online. Just call (215) 874-8002 to schedule your appointment when you’re ready. Or, keep reading to find out more about the benefits you might experience in online counseling.
Bucks Therapy: 5 Reasons to Work with an Online Therapist
If you’re contemplating whether online counseling is the right option for you, consider the following online therapy benefits:
- It’s the convenient option: Despite where you live—be it a city apartment or a secluded farmhouse—it’s pretty likely that you spend some amount of time traveling to and from your appointments. You might even spend more time traveling to and from your appointments than you do in your appointments! Online therapy eliminates the commute time, as you can attend your online sessions from anywhere. This means online therapy is the convenient and comfortable option.
- It’s tested and effective: Online therapy has actually been around for about 70 years. In the early 1950s, the first mental health hotline was created. And ever since, online therapy has only grown in popularity, prevalence, and functionality. Today, you can still call these hotlines, join online self-help groups, and of course work with a licensed counselor one-on-one.
- It’s affordable: You don’t have to worry about paying more for an online counseling appointment than you would an in-person counseling session. Today, many insurance companies cover online therapy services. And if yours doesn’t, that’s okay, because Thriveworks Bensalem provides affordable out-of-pocket rates.
- It’s fast: You also don’t have to worry about waiting weeks on end just to have you first appointment. With online counseling, you can typically schedule your appointment for the same day. It offers utmost flexibility and quick scheduling options.
- It’s easier to open up: Many people find that opening up to their therapist is difficult. They fear stigma and judgment, despite our insistence that we offer a judgment-free space. Fortunately, online counseling allows these individuals to finally open up to their counselor, as they feel safer communicating via virtual means.
In summary, online counseling is a convenient, effective, affordable, and flexible therapy option. Additionally, it might even help you open up to your counselor more easily, which means greater progress in therapy. If you want to explore what online counseling could do for you, reach out to Thriveworks Bensalem in Bucks County today.
Work with an Online Counselor at Thriveworks Bensalem, PA in Bucks County
If you’re looking for mental health services, but certain challenges keep getting in your way—perhaps a busy schedule, fear of judgment, or an inability to find a counselor with the right skills near you—consider working with an online counselor at Thriveworks Bensalem, PA in Bucks County. These licensed counselors, therapists, and psychologists have the skills and experience to help you overcome the obstacles in your life.
If you’re ready to schedule your first online counseling appointment, reach out to Thriveworks Bensalem, PA today. Just call (215) 874-8002 and we’ll get you scheduled.