When it comes to treating difficult mental health conditions, like stubborn forms of anxiety, depression, anger, and other issues, psychiatry and medication management techniques are effective solutions for helping clients manage their symptoms. Perhaps you’re even looking to talk to a psychiatrist—but maybe aren’t sure where to begin. Or if they can help you.
Thriveworks Conway, AR can assist with many types of mental health conditions, even if you aren’t sure what’s wrong. You can work together with a psychiatric nurse practitioner (NP) who will craft an individualized psychiatric treatment plan that addresses your needs and concerns step by step.
What Is Psychiatry?
Psychiatry treats the symptoms of mental health conditions. Unlike other mental health professionals, our psychiatric nurse practitioners can utilize medications (known as medication management) to treat mental health conditions. Psychiatric providers are sometimes licensed therapists, as well.
With their strong medical background, these providers can assist clients in unique ways. Psychiatric professionals can:
- Diagnose and treat persistent or severe mental health disorders and conditions
- Prescribe helpful medication to alleviate a client’s symptoms
- Use a combinative approach with both therapy and prescriptions
Psychiatrists and NPs are also able to collaborate with therapists, social workers, and counselors to offer medication management services together with therapy. And for some conditions, especially complex ones like anxiety, treatment with medication and psychotherapy is far more effective than either treatment on its own.
But in general, only psychiatrists and psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners (PMHNPs) can prescribe medications, while psychologists, counselors, and therapists can not.
How to Do Psychiatry Online
Thriveworks Counseling of Conway offers easy-to-access online psychiatry for clients who may benefit from psychiatric medication. It’s as easy as giving us a call or booking online. Here are few reasons why people seek online psychiatry at Thriveworks Conway:
- To free up a busy schedule: Online psychiatry is an easy way for those taking care of elderly relatives or watching children to find time to prioritize themselves, too.
- To gain the ability to connect with a professional anywhere: There’s no need to travel to a brick-and-mortar office to fill a prescription or to attend a session with your psychiatric NP.
- For added privacy: Some people just feel more comfortable having the option to connect with their provider from the comfort of their home or office. With online psychiatry at Thriveworks, you can talk with a knowledgeable expert—without ever leaving the house.
How Can Thriveworks Psychiatry Help?
Some people find that medication management is needed in the short or long term to maintain a healthy balance. In addition, when combined with therapy, medication management has helped many people improve the quality of their lives.
Don’t wait another day to find out if medication from a psychiatric provider is right for you. Call Thriveworks Counseling of Conway today to schedule an appointment. You deserve to live a happy and balanced life.
Book Today with a Thriveworks Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Let Thriveworks Conway psychiatric nurse practitioners be a trusted partner in your mental health. We offer many benefits that other providers may struggle to offer you, including:
- Coverage under most insurance providers
- The ability to schedule quickly online or by phone
- Personalized mental health care for your unique needs.
Thriveworks Conway psychiatric nurse practitioners are leaders in the field of mental health. We are ready to put our expertise to work for you and your family.