Few experiences feel as painful as depression. For someone with depression, the simplest of tasks — like trying to put your socks on in the morning — can feel insurmountable. It’s normal to feel down when life throws you unexpected curveballs.
That’s why many people choose to attend depression counseling at Thriveworks Conway, AR for help and understanding when it comes to battle depressive symptoms. With a trained professional’s assistance, individuals from all walks of life can get the support they need to start fighting back against depression.
What Is Depression Counseling?
Millions of Americans suffer from depression and have met with a trained and experienced counselor to begin the road of restoration. The symptoms of depression can include:
- A noted lack of interest in sex, hobbies, or relationships
- Decreased work performance
- Feeling chronically fatigued
- Distancing oneself from loved ones and friends
- Overeating or avoiding eating
- Lack of self-care (i.e. personal hygiene or a clean living environment)
- Drug or alcohol use to cope with emotional pain
Thankfully, counseling has been proven time and time again to be an effective form of treatment against depression. Depression counseling, with the help of a trained counselor, assists those with depression by:
- Using talk and behavioral therapy to implement successful coping strategies for clients
- Creating a professional connection with the client to better understand their depression
- Serving as a verbal and emotional outlet for those burdened by depression
- Educating those with depression about their symptoms and the underlying causes of their condition
How Does Depression Counseling Work?
Professional counseling can help depressed people take control of their symptoms and get back on track to achieving their goals. Skilled counselors take the whole person into account, not just the diagnosis of depression.
That means that mental health providers treat your mood experience as unique instead of taking a one-size-fits-all approach to therapy. In your first counseling sessions, your provider may want to discuss the following elements to get a better sense of your struggle and how they can help:
- Your specific depression symptoms
- Your and your family’s medical history
- Potential causes of your depression
- Your psychosocial environment
- Lifestyle factors (nutrition and exercise habits)
- Your needs and goals for treatment
This comprehensive therapeutic assessment may not take place all at once, especially when clients are in acute distress, but it’s important for your provider to gather as much information as possible over time. This can help a counselor develop an effective treatment plan that’s personalized around your needs as you continue depression therapy.
Providers utilize a number of evidence-based treatment options to help their clients live happier, healthier lives. Recovery during depression therapy might include weekly sessions with a therapist, monthly follow-up sessions with a psychiatrist, or support as needed if episodes reoccur. It all depends on what’s best for the individual.
Is There Depression Counseling Near Me?
At Thriveworks in Conway, AR we offer both in-person and online depression counseling options to suit your preferences and needs. Getting the help you need to better manage the symptoms of your depression shouldn’t be difficult.
At Thriveworks in Conway, AR we’ve made it easier than ever to get the depression therapy you need. When you call our office, you’ll be connected with a scheduling specialist who can assist you in finding the perfect counselor to start depression counseling sessions with. We also allow clients to schedule appointments themselves using our online booking tool.
Depression Counseling in Conway, AR
Don’t struggle with depression alone: Call Thriveworks in Conway, AR to get started and to be matched with a mental health professional. We’ll pair you with a provider that has the experience and professional insight you need to help you cope with depression.
So give us a call, or use your browser to begin; you’ll be assisted by our scheduling specialists. They’re available seven days a week and can help you with everything from booking your first session to helping find the perfect provider. Plus, Thriveworks clients get additional access to perks that include:
- Online therapy options
- Coverage under most insurance plans
- Mental health help when and where you need it—within the same week as scheduling, in person and online
- Personalized mental health care for your unique needs.
Without treatment, depression can put distance between you and the people and things you love. Don’t let depression claim another day. Call our scheduling team or book a depression therapy session online today.