Family Therapy – Counselors, Coaches and Therapists in Littleton
If this was a perfect world there would be no need for family counselors and family therapists. Alas, the world is far from perfect and so are families. Most homes experience some degree of hurt and upset over the years, but these are usually things the family can get over on their own. Sadly, not all problems do go away by themselves. Depending on the issues and those dealing with them, difficulties can sometimes grow over time and become worse.
Sibling rivalry is normal but persistent signs of aggression and hate between the kids are anything but normal. There are times when parents lose control too and become a part of the problem instead of the solution. When continual upheaval wrecks the harmony in a home it’s a good time to seek the services of a family counsellor or family therapist.
The Time for Therapy
No one can tell a family they need therapy. This is something that they and they alone must decide on. A good question for you to ask yourself is this: has everything we tried to resolve the issues failed? If the answer is yes and the situations are getting worse, then you might want to at least explore the benefits of family counseling. A qualified counsellor can help families cope with issues like:
- ADD and ADHD (kids and adults)
- Anxiety related issues
- Borderline personality disorder
- Diagnose and help cope with depression (including child depression)
- Drug misuse (legal and illegal)
- Eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia
- Long-term debilitating illness
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
More often than not there are solutions to problems. The family may not be able to see this, which is where a qualified family therapist can come to the rescue.
Our fully qualified family counselors work to:
- Help the family to break down any communication barriers
- Help to resolve any differences using calm and systematic practices
- Offer ways for the family to support each other through troubled times
- Show the family how to reduce conflict and quarrels and grow stronger as a consequence
Call Littleton family counselors today and discover what options might be available to you and your loved ones.
***** Stacey Dirzuweit, LMFT specializes in Family Therapy.