Get Personality Testing and Assessments in Edison, NJ
Are you feeling unfulfilled in your career? Many people go through life feeling like they’re supposed to be doing something else but have no idea what it is. With a world full of seemingly infinite choices, it can be difficult to know where to even begin.
What if there was a test that could help point you in the right direction? Personality tests can be extremely helpful if you feel like you need a bit of guidance to find the right path in life.
Do you like meeting new people? Do you enjoy repairing things? Are you the sort of person who gets nervous before big events, or do you find that invigorating?
Your personality plays a large role in the kinds of career paths that will make you feel most fulfilled as well as the activities that leave you feeling drained. At Thriveworks in Edison, NJ, our licensed mental health professionals are experienced in administering personality tests and can offer the guidance and direction you’re looking for. To find out more, get in touch with our team today.
When Should I Consider Personality Testing?
Your personality traits are proven predictors of your potential job performance. While there are many tests that can gauge your intellectual performance or proficiency in certain tasks, this only tells part of the story. Everyone has particular strengths and weaknesses, and to truly get the most out of life it’s important to have a good understanding of what they are.
While many clients use personality tests to find a new career path, they have other uses as well. They can also provide a great deal of insight into your values and can even unearth your preferences in relationships and social situations.
Here are just a few reasons you might schedule a testing appointment:
- You want to find a more fulfilling career
- You’re deciding on a major in college
- You’re looking to get a better understanding of yourself
- You want to find friends who better match your personality type
- You are seeking a partner who better fits your personality type
If you’re interested in scheduling a personality test, our mental health professionals at Thriveworks in Edison, NJ are ready to help.
How Do Personality Tests Work?
If you feel like you’re in need of direction and don’t know where to turn, you’re not alone. This is actually an extremely common feeling! Many clients come to us to get a clearer picture of their likes and dislikes so they can best meet their needs and live a fulfilling life. Sometimes, the insights from a professional personality test can help put things in a new perspective and provide a clearer path forward.
There are two main types of personality tests, each with its strengths and weaknesses:
- Self-report inventories: This type of test asks questions and presents the test-taker with choices so they can pick the one that best represents them. Questions and statements can cover a broad array of topics such as psychological traits, relationships, politics, religion, and behaviors. Self-report inventories are also sometimes referred to as personality inventories.
- Projective tests: A projective test aims to uncover emotions and deep insights by presenting scenes, words, images, or hypothetical situations and asking the test-taker to respond freely. These associations can offer a great deal of insight into the subconscious mind. The theory behind projective tests is that when you are asked ambiguous questions, your conscious mind has less of a chance to come up with an answer that it feels may be expected.
If you’re ready to try your own professionally-administered personality assessment, contact us at Thriveworks Counseling in Edison, NJ to schedule an appointment.
Schedule a Personality Test at Thriveworks in Edison, NJ
At Thriveworks Counseling, you’ll find highly qualified mental health professionals dedicated to ensuring you have access to the services you need to find fulfillment in your life. Not only are our life coaches and counselors experienced in administering psychological tests, but they’re also equipped to interpret the results and provide guidance every step of the way.
We believe that accessing mental health services of all kinds should be as simple and stress-free as possible. This is why we offer both online and in-person personality tests with appointment availability during the week, in the evenings, and on weekends. We also offer a number of exciting benefits upon becoming a client, including a “Dear Abby” style Q&A with a certified life coach.
If you’re looking for a better understanding of your personality and what you need to thrive in your life, a personality assessment is an excellent place to start. Make an appointment today with Thriveworks Counseling in Edison, NJ.