Imagine: You go into work each day with a positive attitude, ready to take on any challenge that comes your way. You answer emails, schedule meetings, complete reports, and act as the ‘yes man’ for your team by picking up the slack in different areas. Once the day ends, you feel exhausted. However, you think to yourself that tomorrow will be better. Instead, you fall right back into the cycle of biting off more than you can chew, and then on top of that, you don’t feel like you are being recognized for your work. You feel burnt out and it’s starting to affect your personal life at home.
We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday’s burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it. – John Newton
We encounter these influxes of stress, both at work and at home, and it can be hard to keep a positive attitude. However, we can learn to focus on the positive and process difficult emotions by receiving the help of a psychologist. We have practicing psychologists at Thriveworks Edison Counseling who would be more than happy to help you achieve these goals. By working with one of our providers, they will help you learn the tools and tricks needed to live a happier, healthier, and more successful life. Not only can they help you with the stress of your work and home life balance, but they also have the licensure and experience to help you in other areas of life, too. To get started towards a better path of being, just reach out to our office!
Why Should I Work with a Psychologist? How Can They Help Me?
Psychologists have a unique set of skills that they obtained during their extensive training and experience. They are able to specialize in many different areas, enabling them to help people of different backgrounds for all kinds of reasons. Once you start working with one of our psychologists, they will create a unique plan of action personalized to you based on your specific needs, experiences, and goals.
Our psychologists can help you make progress in every area of your life and improve your mental and emotional health. There are many different reasons why you may seek the help of a trained professional. Here is a list of a few reasons to seek help:
- Grieving the loss of a loved one: The grieving process can be hard. There’s no reason to feel like you have to do it alone! We’ll help you navigate your feelings and provide you with the compassionate care you are looking for.
- Managing mental illness: Dealing with depression and anxiety, amongst other mental illnesses, can be exhausting. Our trained psychologists have the tools needed to help you overcome the challenges you face.
- Working through relationship turmoil: Whether it be your family, friends, or significant other, it’s normal to have rough patches in your relationships. We can help you identify the issues and provide you with tips on how to better communicate.
- Healing from a breakup: Breakups can be hard and even cause us to feel depressed and alone. It’s important that you properly heal from your breakup and a psychologist can help you do so.
- Learning to better manage stress: Stress can be caused by work, major life changes, and more. Whatever the situation may be, seeking professional help is a great step in the right direction.
These are just a few of the issues and concerns we can help you work through and overcome. The psychologists at Thriveworks Edison Counseling will offer a safe space, free of judgment, to walk through these challenges and improve your overall wellbeing. They are also here to help you conquer other challenges that you may face along the way. If you are struggling in any way, reach out today to receive the guidance and support you deserve.
Schedule an Appointment at Thriveworks Edison, NJ
Scheduling an appointment at Thriveworks Edison Counseling is easy and simple. You can either give us a call or book online. Whatever is most convenient for you! Either way, you have the ability to choose a time and day that works best for you. We also offer weekend appointments to help better meet the needs of our community.
Here at Thriveworks, we operate with excellence and strive to provide you with the best care possible. Our team is ready to give you the warmhearted care you deserve as soon as you are ready to take the next step.