Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Boston, Your Local Mental Health Service
Can you pinpoint the most defining moment of your life? For some, a memory comes to mind almost immediately: A final conversation with a loved one before their passing; the first glimpse you caught of your now-spouse; a traumatic experience from your childhood; the moment your son or daughter was born. Your defining moment might be positive or negative in nature; or, maybe you have a couple of both. Your life is the sum of your experiences, which are both good and bad—something that many of us have a hard time accepting.
If you’ve described the most defining moment of your life as past trauma, the death of a loved one, or another experience that is negative in nature, there might be some healing and growth to do there. There is nothing wrong with this; instead, assessing our lives in this way can help us to uncover some emotions that need to be dealt with. And in doing so, we can carve out a happier, healthier path for ourselves.
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Boston is here to help people grow, heal, and work their way toward a happier, more successful life. If you are grappling with a past trauma, grief, or another life challenge that is negatively affecting your mental health, consider talking to a professional. The counselors, therapists, coaches, psychiatrists, and psychologists at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Boston can provide you with the supportive guidance you’re looking for. To schedule an appointment, call our office. We can get you set up right away.
Do I Need a Mental Health Professional’s Help?
If we’re being honest with ourselves, we could all benefit from talking to a counselor or psychologist. There is almost always an area of life that we could improve, from our relationships to our careers to our personal growth and success. That said, some people might be in greater need of mental health services than others. Consider:
- John and Ana fight to no avail every night. Their contempt for one another grows with every argument and both of them are at a loss for what to do.
- Alex is dealing with unfamiliar feelings of despair and hopelessness. He has no idea why—in his eyes, he has everything he could ever want and more. But he isn’t interested in any of it right now.
- Clare is so thankful for her job, as many of her friends are still looking for their first job post-college. However, she doesn’t feel super valued or appreciated. She isn’t sure if it’s the right fit for her.
- Adam had a traumatic childhood. His father was in and out of his jail, and his mother was always cooped up in her bedroom doing who knows what. As soon as he turned 18, he moved out and never looked back—but he’s reminded of the trauma in his dreams almost every night.
- Sam is yearning for more. She’s happy and satisfied with her career, but she wants to take her life to the next level—she wants to make the most of her time and build a legacy. The only problem is she has no idea where to start.
If you have a specific challenge that you’re attempting to work through, like the individuals above, you could likely benefit from talking to a counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Boston would be happy to pair you with a provider who has the skills, training, and experience needed to help you with your specific needs and goals for life.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Boston?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Boston:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
Through counseling, therapy, and/or psychiatry services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists/counselors to psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
When Is it Time To See a Psychiatrist?
Have you struggled with a mental, emotional, or behavioral health issue? Is it interfering with your daily life and preventing you from doing the things you used to love doing? If so, it might be a good time to see a psychiatrist.
Psychiatrists are medical doctors trained specifically in the science of diagnosing and treating mental illnesses. They can ask the right questions and run psychological tests to get an accurate sense of your condition and determine the right treatment plan for you.
If you’re ready to speak with a Thriveworks psychiatrist, reach out and we’ll set you up with a virtual appointment.
Schedule an Appointment Today at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Boston
Have you determined a need to seek mental health help? Are you wondering how working with a counselor, psychiatrist, or coach might change your life? Call Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Boston. We can set you up with a provider in mere minutes. In addition to talking to a highly-skilled, compassionate professional, you can look forward to:
- Online counseling opportunities
- Appointments in the evenings and on weekends
- A 23.5-hour cancellation policy (we get it: life happens)
- Access to exclusive video content
We have other benefits to offer here at Thriveworks, too. To begin experiencing them for yourself, call us to set up your first session. We look forward to it!
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Boston Located?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Boston is located at 434 Massachusetts Ave Suite 501, Boston, MA 02118. Nearby is a Dunkin’ Donuts, Salon 428, Sue’s Condo, and other businesses. If you have trouble finding us, please call our office. Our team will be happy to help you get here!