Online Counseling Services in Westminster, CO
If you were to think about what you wanted to accomplish in counseling, what would you envision? Is it finding greater fulfillment and success at work? Is it improving communication skills with your partner? Is it learning to better manage symptoms of depression, anxiety, or another mental illness?
Whatever it may be, online counseling or teletherapy can help you achieve your goals and improve your overall mental health—all from the comfort, convenience, and safety of home. If this sounds like an opportunity you’re interested in exploring, call Thriveworks in Westminster, CO online counseling at (303) 214-2106. Our online therapists are licensed, caring providers who will create an individualized treatment plan to best address your specific needs and goals.
What Is Online Counseling?
In considering online counseling, two main questions might come to mind: How does it work? And is it effective? First, online therapy can be conducted via phone call or video chat. In phone counseling, your counselor will simply call you at the time of your scheduled session. In video counseling, your counselor will send you a link to the video chat room, which you will visit at the time of your appointment. It’s that simple.
Now, to the second question: Is it effective? Research shows that online counseling proves effective, for many people. In fact, for some, it proves even more effective than in-person counseling, such as those who feel uncomfortable talking face to face. Online counseling can prove less stressful because you’re in an environment that you feel safer, more comfortable in. This then allows you to open up and progress more quickly with your therapist.
Is Online Counseling Right for Me?
As we touched on earlier, online counseling can prove especially valuable to certain individuals, such as those below:
- Tom lives in a rural area, at least 20 minutes to the nearest counseling office. He was willing to give it a try anyway, but they don’t have a counselor who specializes in trauma.
- Katie’s schedule is packed thanks to her new job. She doesn’t have time to see a counselor during the day and by the time she’s off work, the local counseling offices are closed.
- Alice is looking for a female counselor who specializes in LGBTQIA+ issues. The only counseling office in town doesn’t have a counselor who matches these preferences, and she doesn’t want to drive an hour each way to work with someone who does.
All three of these individuals can benefit greatly from online counseling. With phone counseling or video counseling, you don’t have to drive long distances or take time off of work. You can reach a professional counselor with the specialties you’re looking for from the comfort and security of home.
Why Online Counseling at Thriveworks Westminster, CO?
Online counseling is a simple, effective counseling option and at Thriveworks in Westminster, CO our counselors, therapists, and psychologists are here to walk with you on your mental health journey via phone counseling or video counseling. Here are a few benefits that many clients express finding in online counseling:
- It’s convenient, as you can often squeeze in a counseling session with ease. All you need do is carve out 60 minutes of your day to work with your counselor over the phone or in a videoconference.
- It’s comfortable, as you get to choose a spot that you feel safe and comfortable with to talk to your therapist. We understand if you feel more comfortable at home and we will continue to offer you the professional, nonjudgmental guidance you’re looking for virtually.
- It’s affordable, as many insurances now cover video counseling and phone counseling, too. Additionally, Westminster has affordable self-pay options as well.
There are additional benefits that can come from online counseling. To see for yourself, schedule your first online counseling session today. Thriveworks Westminster is ready to get started when you are.
Work with an Online Counselor at Thriveworks in Westminster, CO
Online therapy enables people to work with a counselor and enjoy the many benefits of doing so. If you’re looking to make a change in your life, consider working with one of our online counselors at Thriveworks in Westminster, CO today. You can go online to our website, or give us a call at (303) 214-2106.
All of our counselors and therapists are skilled, licensed professionals who have your best interest in mind. They are excited to work with you.