For some medical problems, individuals need to seek the care of a specialist, such as a cardiologist or a surgeon. Mental health is no different. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor that is a specialist in the field of mental health. They are able to diagnose, treat, and manage mental health issues. A psychiatrist is a person who has completed undergraduate school, medical school, completed a one-year internship, and then also completed three years as a psychiatry resident.
Just like talking with a therapist or counselor, having an open conversation with a psychiatrist about what’s troubling you can help them to understand and better treat the symptoms that you’re suffering from. The psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Westminster, CO are here to help you set and achieve your personal goals and enjoy a renewed quality of life.
How Can a Psychiatrist Help Me?
Psychiatrists are medical doctors in addition to often being licensed therapists, which grants them the ability to prescribe helpful medication to use with or without counseling services. Psychiatrists are able to diagnose and treat many types of conditions and disorders that may be difficult to manage with therapy or counseling alone. These may include:
- Major depression and seasonal affective disorder
- Social anxiety
- Eating disorders
- And many other mental health conditions
Having an open conversation with a psychiatrist about what’s troubling you can help them to understand and better treat the symptoms that you’re experiencing. Your treatment preferences will be a vital part of your experience in psychiatric care, which may include helpful medication to manage your symptoms. The psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Westminster, CO can help you set and achieve your personal goals and enjoy a renewed quality of life.
Schedule Online Psychiatry at Thriveworks
At Thriveworks in Westminster, CO we offer virtual psychiatric services, which means unprecedented convenience and privacy for you as our client. Online psychiatry is highly flexible, and might be an attractive choice if you’re looking to:
- Reduce your existing anxiety and stress: Meeting virtually can be a lot less stressful than meeting your provider in person. Online therapy is a go-to resource for making psychiatric treatment as comfortable as possible.
- Prioritize your mental health: Online therapy is an easy way for those who take care of elderly relatives or are watching children to find time to prioritize their own needs, as well.
- Connect with a psychiatrist on the go: There’s no need to travel to a brick-and-mortar office to fill a prescription or to attend a therapy session.
- Add flexibility to your schedule: For those who are busy, traveling, or just tired, getting the psychiatric services you need shouldn’t be harder. We offer weekend and evening session times, just for you.
Our online psychiatrists follow intensive HIPAA guidelines, the same used in our in-person sessions. You’ll be able to rest easy and get the most out of your online session, knowing that your privacy is protected and ensured.
Book Your First Psychiatric Session with Thriveworks in Westminster, CO
At Thriveworks, in Westminster, CO we understand that it can be very difficult to make that first call for help. If you are seeking help for a loved one, you may have been trying to convince them to get treatment for quite some time. If they finally agree or you finally make the call for help, it can be extremely discouraging to find that the next available appointment is in two weeks’ time. Unfortunately, this is common in many counseling practices. But at Thriveworks, we do not operate with a waiting list. We are ready to help when you need us. Head online or give us a call at (303) 214-2106 today.