Online therapy works much like traditional in-person therapy but takes place through secure video conferencing. Clients can attend Online therapy from any safe place they choose that has access to the internet, whether that be their home or another easily accessible place. Like in-person treatment, a therapist will work with their client to address their concerns, create goals, and establish an effective treatment plan.
We get it. There is barely enough time in the day for you to grab lunch, go to the grocery store, and go home to clean whatever you didn’t get to the day before. On top of that, you surely do not have enough time to take off work and drive across town for an appointment. If making your mental health is a priority but you can’t seem to find time to get to an appointment, online counseling might be the solution you have been looking for. Online counseling gives people the flexible scheduling options they are looking for so they can get the help they need, when they need it.
Probably the biggest insight… is that happiness is not just a place, but also a process. Happiness is an ongoing process of fresh challenges,
and it takes the right attitudes and activities to continue to be happy.
Thriveworks Counseling in Tampa, FL has online therapists and counselors who specialize in a variety of different fields including depression, life coaching, and couples therapy. If you are interested in online counseling, all you have to do is call (813) 473-4663 to get started.
Why Choose Online Counseling?
Similar to traditional in-person therapy, you’ll meet with your therapist to discuss the challenges and goals you have. Your counselor will use assessments to create a unique plan of care to help you conquer the wants and needs you are facing. However, instead of meeting your counselor in person, you will do so either by telephone or video chat. The two types explained:
- Telephone: At your scheduled appointment time, you will receive a call from your therapist. It’s as easy as answering the phone!
- Video Chat: Like the phone option, you will decide on the best time to have your appointment. Instead of receiving a phone call, you will be provided with a link that will take you to the video chat portal. All you need is a connection to the internet and a place to talk!
There are some great benefits to choosing online therapy. Also known as teletherapy, this option has gained a lot of traction over the years and some people are switching to it entirely. A few of the bigger reasons why people are switching from traditional to online are:
- Convenience: As mentioned before, we understand how hard it can be to get simple tasks done throughout the day, let alone make time to travel to a therapy appointment. When you know you want to start therapy but don’t seem to have the time, online counseling is a great option. It gives you the convenience of choosing when and where you want to have your session whether it is at home, on your lunch break, or even at a coffee shop. The world is your oyster.
- Comfortability: Besides being convenient, choosing online therapy has a lot of benefits to being more comfortable. Some people might feel better about opening up if they can do so from the comfort of their own home or a space that feels safe to them. You can try all different methods of therapy to find what works best for you.
- Effectiveness: Another reason why people are choosing online counseling over the traditional way is that it’s just as effective, so why not? That’s not to say you won’t make the same meaningful progress in person as you would virtually. It just means your progress won’t suffer if you are meeting with your psychologist online.
You could be starting your journey towards a better state of mental health as soon as tomorrow. To get started, give Thriveworks Counseling in Tampa, FL a call.
Am I a Good Candidate for Online Counseling?
After reading about the ways in which online counseling can benefit you, it’s time to learn about all of the different areas we can help you with. Below is a list of common reasons why someone may seek out the help of a psychologist:
- Family turmoil
- Lack of communication
- Child therapy
- Coping with a loss
- Major life changes
- Financial crisis
- Problematic behavior in children
- Eating disorders
- Trauma or PTSD
- Addition to drugs or alcohol
- Low self-esteem
- Life coaching
These are not the only reasons to seek the help of a licensed professional. Even if you are unsure of where to start, one of our counselors can help you identify the problems you are having and equip you with the skills needed to overcome those and any future problems that arise.
Schedule an Appointment at Thriveworks Counseling in Tampa, FL
If after learning more about online counseling you feel like you could greatly benefit from its services, schedule an appointment with one of our psychologists. We have two convenient ways to book your appointment: via our online booking system or by telephone at (813) 473-4663.
We offer weekend and evening appointments on top of our daytime options to give you the flexibility you are looking for. For any questions regarding our other services or about our practice, call our office to learn more.