Massage Therapy at Takoma Park, MD
When you think of healthcare providers, your primary care doctor probably comes to mind—he or she is the one you see for annual checkups, routine screenings, and random stomach bugs, anyhow. But your primary care doctor isn’t the only healthcare provider who can make a major difference in your life. There are other professionals who specialize in relieving you of ailments, specifically those you encounter on a daily basis like stress, anxiety, and uncomfortable or even chronic pain. And they go by the name of licensed massage therapists.
Licensed massage therapists play a significant role in many lives—and they can play a major role in yours too, as massage therapy has proven to assist one in living happily and healthily. That’s exactly why we offer massage therapy at Thriveworks Takoma Park: we want to ensure you have access to this valuable opportunity, and we’d love nothing more than to accompany you on this journey. All you have to do is give us a call, and we’ll set you up with one of the most caring, experienced massage therapists out there.
Finding Relief and Healing in Massage Therapy
Let’s start at the beginning: what exactly is massage therapy? Massage therapy is a form of hands-on treatment used by trained providers to manipulate soft-tissue muscles in the body. This intervention succeeds to…
- Provide pain relief
- Reduce stress
- Increase relaxation
- Aid in injury recovery
- Free up tight muscles
- Expand range of motion
- Improve general wellbeing
Based on data from the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), forty-three percent of people who had a massage between July of 2016 and July of 2017 sought treatment for medical or health reasons, some of which are featured on the list above. For example, different individuals sought this service out for help with pain management, soreness or stiffness, injury rehabilitation, and overall health and wellness. Let’s delve into how massage therapy aided these people in healing:
1. Pain management: We all deal with annoying or uncomfortable pain every now and then, whether it stems from an underlying condition like arthritis or occurs as a result of our day-to-day living. Fortunately, however, massage therapy is an effective intervention that can provide pain relief. According to the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), this intervention is most commonly used to treat the following:
- Lower back pain
- Tension headaches
- Post-operative pain
2. Soreness and stiffness: You probably know what it’s like to feel super sore or stiff after a tough workout, but what you might not know is that a more leisure everyday activity is responsible for a majority of our discomfort: sitting. Many of us spend a good part of our day sitting at our desk at work or even on the couch at home. And we’re suffering from it, as very few of us have perfect posture. While we can work to improve our posture and minimize the soreness we experience, massage therapy is another great solution to this problem: it gets to the root of the discomfort by relaxing tense, tight muscles and encouraging increased blood flow to the affected areas.
3. Injury rehabilitation: Recovering from an injury is never fun, but you can speed up the process by seeking massage therapy for rehabilitation. Licensed massage therapists utilize different methods to relax the muscles and speed along circulatory movement (as mentioned above), which then leads to an increase in flexibility and allows the area to heal more quickly. A few of these techniques include…
4. Overall health and wellness: If you don’t have any of the above issues—pain, soreness, or injury—massage therapy can still benefit you. According to AMTA, massage therapy can also help with overall health and wellness by improving the following:
- Sleep quality
- Blood pressure
- Heart rate
- Immune function
Additionally, massage therapy is a proven remedy for stress, as massage therapists work to relax their patients and provide them with a true escape from the harsh realities of their everyday.
Working with Your Massage Therapist
What do you say, does massage therapy sound like a promising form of treatment for you? Even so, you might have some reservations about starting this process and working with a licensed massage therapist. In consideration of this possibility, here are a few examples of what you can expect your therapist to do:
- Talk with you about your medical history, symptoms, needs, and goals.
- Evaluate any pain, discomfort, or stiffness you’re presenting.
- Perform different techniques to manipulate the soft tissues of your body.
- Provide you with self-care tips for improving posture, strength, and overall functioning.
In addition, you can expect the healthcare providers at Thriveworks Takoma Park to provide you with the most devoted care and to truly dedicate themselves to helping you heal—whether it be from chronic pain that comes with fibromyalgia, discomfort that results from bad posture at work, injury that prevents you from functioning normally, or everyday stress that’s wreaking havoc on your life.
Scheduling Massage Therapy at Thriveworks Takoma Park
It isn’t always easy to ask for help—but it is important to grab hold of the reins and steer yourself to greater health and happiness. You can do this by exploring for yourself just how beneficial massage therapy can be. Maybe you’re suffering with a pulled muscle, you’re stressed out from work (or life, in general), or you’re sick of just putting up with your chronic headaches—in any regard, massage therapy can help.
To get set up with a licensed massage therapist at Thriveworks Takoma Park, simply give us a call. A scheduling specialist will happily tell you more about this service and help you to schedule an appointment. We’re looking forward to hearing from you and aiding you on this journey!