Stacey considers herself to be a type-A personality: Her entire life is organized to a T. This has been helpful for her; Stacey’s been able to remain laser-focused on her career, her cat, and her houseplants without much issue. However, personal life has been by far a different story. Stacey tends to dominate most of her relationships, with her desire to control and organize creating tension that she doesn’t purposefully create, but isn’t usually aware of. As a result, Stacey feels a large degree of separation from friends that she was once close with.
After taking some time to think about her habits, Stacey feels like she should talk with a psychiatrist about what she’s worried could be OCD. Although she’s still not completely sure of what’s going on, she knows that with a psychiatrist to talk with her and help her understand her situation more clearly, she’ll be able to start making positive adjustments and changes to her mental health. And with online psychiatry sessions as an option, Stacey is comfortable, knowing that she’ll be able to connect with her psychiatrist from virtually anywhere.
Like Stacey, you may also find yourself dealing with the effects of disruptive or damaging symptoms of mental health conditions. At Thriveworks in McKinney, TX, our psychiatrists are here to help. With convenient virtual options and personalized treatment options, Thriveworks offers a modern, secure way to prioritize your mental health, without throwing off your schedule. Call today to find out more about our psychiatric services and how they might benefit you.
What Is a Psychiatrist?
A psychiatrist is a unique type of mental health professional; they’re medical doctors, in addition to being licensed to conduct therapy sessions. At Thriveworks in McKinney, TX our psychiatrists might be appealing if you’re looking to:
- Save time: Our psychiatric services are completely virtual, saving you commute time, and extra hassle. You can easily fill prescriptions, check in with your psychiatrist, and book your next session easily with our virtual scheduling options.
- Find relief from more severe or persistent mental health conditions: Because of their ability to prescribe medication, psychiatrists are often the provider of choice in treating more severe or persistent mental health conditions, including emotional or behavioral disorders like ADHD or seasonal depression.
Psychiatrists at Thriveworks in McKinney, TX are hand-selected for experience and skill; only 4% of potential candidates are hired. Trust that if you decide to open up to someone on our psychiatry team, your preferences will play a deciding role in your treatment process. It’s hard to find time to commute to a psychiatrist’s office while you’re working, balancing your family life, and trying to stay on top of other commitments you’ve made. With online psychiatry, you say goodbye to not being able to prioritize your mental health needs.
How Can a Psychiatrist Help Me?
Our psychiatrists can offer you treatment options and coping strategies that are designed to suit your specific needs. Our psychiatric team will partner with you to find an approach that fits your personality and lifestyle. With online psychiatry, you can consider medication as a treatment choice. As medical doctors, psychiatrists are able to prescribe helpful medication to assist their clients in managing their symptoms. While not everyone will be prescribed medication, it’s another unique way that psychiatric services can help everyday people find relief.
Because of their ability to prescribe helpful medications, our psychiatrists are often the best choice for disruptive mental health issues, like:
- Eating disorders
- Alcoholism or drug abuse
- Social anxiety
- And many other mental health conditions
Schedule a Psychiatry Session at Thriveworks in McKinney, TX
Call Thriveworks in McKinney, TX to schedule a psychiatry session; our scheduling specialists are available seven days a week. Consider enrolling in our psychiatric services if you’d like to
- Prioritize your mental health, even if you have a busy work or travel schedule. Parents or those taking care of elder relatives can have the opportunity to take care of themselves, too.
- Reduce the anxiety you might feel about seeking mental health services. When you’re able to talk from the location of your choice, it can be easier to discuss concepts or situations related to your mental health needs.
- Eliminate the need to commute to a brick-and-mortar location. If you have reliable internet and a private space to talk with your psychiatrist, you’re set. Attend your session from home, the office—wherever.
Seeking assistance from a psychiatrist at Thriveworks in McKinney, TX is a great way to prioritize your emotional wellbeing and overall mental health. If you believe that you could benefit from talking to one of our mental health professionals, call our office today.