Christian Counseling in Franklin MA
How Did Christian Counseling Begin?
The patience and practice of Christian guidance and counseling have been with us for a long time, smoothing over troubled minds and perhaps offering insight and renewal of purpose to our lives. When thinking about the origins of Christian counseling you might consider the following proverb:
“The purpose in a man’s heart is like deep water, but a man of understanding will draw it out” – Proverbs 20:5
It makes good sense that through solid counsel we may better understand the path we have before us. If you want to achieve a you that is fully defined by you it can be necessary to speak with someone practiced in the art of listening.
What Are Some Goals of Christian Counseling?
As you might expect, our goals are your goals. Our Christian counselors can offer unique awareness and vision when it comes to helping you achieve your goals. By looking at the world through two very powerful lens; one of Christian moral teachings, and the other of behavioral and emotional psychology, we can paint a fuller picture of who you are. From there, a course of action and organized execution of plan can take place. Let us help you explore the large variety of challenges that can pop up daily.
Here are a host of difficult issues you may be experiencing. If you think some of these are troubling you, you may benefit from Christian counseling and therapy.
- Overcoming marital challenges
- New parents; coping with change and new responsibilities
- Guidance and support in mental health conditions
- Support in grief and loss; recovering and healing
- Regaining life; healing from drug and alcohol abuse
- Fortify your faith and find meaning in your relationship with God
Talking with a Christian counselor or therapist, one-on-one, will help you speak and think at ease when discussing private and complex matters relating to faith and spirituality. Part of a healthy spiritual life is finding common ground with those around you. If your faith is strong then talk about it with someone who can offer pensive and calm advice. Do you feel uncertain or lost? That’s okay, talking to a counselor will spark a sense of shared belief and renewed attention to your mental and spiritual needs.
Will Christian Counseling Benefit Me?
Do you notice some of these feelings listed below? We may be able to help.
- Strong unease, angst, or anxiety that prevents you from completing seemingly ordinary tasks.
- Panic attacks or waves of disorienting anxiety
- Inability to sleep and maintain restful states (insomnia)
- Willful social isolation, forced isolation, avoiding friends and loved ones
- Rapidity of weight loss or gain
- Experiencing feelings of being hopeless or overwhelmed, at a loss as how to handle issues by yourself
- Erupting or irrational bursts of anger, difficulty controlling your anger
Our Franklin, Massachusetts, office is a welcome place for those taking mental health seriously. We are composed of intelligent and compassionate people who counsel professionally and who counsel because their heart leads them that way. If you have been feeling alone, estranged from your partner, estranged from God, your job, and even your own sense of self, you may find Christian counseling to be a mindful solution. We invite you to reach out to us so you can decide for yourself if our services can benefit you and subsequently, those around you by calling 617-360-7210 or booking an appointment online.