Online Therapy for Trauma at Thriveworks Franklin, MA—Therapists in Norfolk County
A traumatic event is something no one deserves to go through. It can stay with a person for months and years after, impacting their mental, emotional, and physical health. But these impacts are not permanent. As much as trauma can hurt, it does not control your life. You are not at fault for what happened to you, but you can control how you heal.
With Norfolk County practicing safe social distancing to stop the spread of the coronavirus, your healing process may have been interrupted. Feelings of loneliness and boredom can aggravate trauma and PTSD symptoms or permeate the lie that you are alone. Social isolation can prevent you from seeing your loved ones and engaging with you support system in person.
Thriveworks Franklin wants you to know that you are not alone, and together we can come out of this stronger than before. We don’t have to stop living or healing. Thriveworks Franklin offers online therapy so you can connect with a licensed, professional counselor remotely.
If you would like to schedule an online therapy session or have questions about how online counseling for trauma therapy works, call Thriveworks Franklin at (617) 360-7210.
What Are the Symptoms of Trauma? How Do I Know It’s Time to Reach Out?
Our counselors will meet you where you’re at. This means wherever you are coming from or whatever your goals are for your mental health, we will work with you to build the life you want to live. The decision to schedule a telehealth therapy appointment can be hard, and we acknowledge the incredible strength you have to even considering doing so. It is that strength that will help you heal from your trauma.
Trauma affects the brain by destroying healthy synapses and creating unhealthy ones. Synapses are the highways information travels down in your brain. The good news is your brain is incredibly flexible. Trauma molded it but therapy can mold it back to a healthy state.
Thriveworks Franklin has years of training and experience in trauma counseling to help you overcome your past. Changing the session to a virtual, online therapy session will not change the effectiveness of the process.
The trauma that you endured is in no way your fault. No one deserves to go through a trauma or live with the symptoms after it. Your resilience, strength, and courage inspires us every day. You deserve to take the time to heal and create a safe, healthy future you’re excited to live in. The healing process won’t always be easy. Uncovering and transforming trauma can be stressful and draining. Doing it while social distancing can create additional obstacles to overcome. Thriveworks Amherst will be with you every step of the way. Healing is a possibility we can have today.
Signs PTSD and trauma have taken their toll include:
- Recurrent, painful dreams
- Emotional numbness
- Jittery/always on edge
- Difficulty concentrating
- Hesitancy to open up to other people, even those you trusted before the trauma
- Persistent fear, horror, anger, guilt, or shame
- Diminished interest in activities you previously enjoy
- Difficulty feeling positive emotions
- A general feeling of detachment from the world or yourself
- Continuous feeling of discomfort in stomach and gut
Everyone experiences trauma and PTSD differently. Similarly, every online therapy session with Thriveworks Amherst will be different and uniquely structured to fit your needs.
What Is Online Counseling?
Telehealth or teletherapy is a unique way of counseling that gives you all of the benefits of in-person counseling while giving you the freedom to take counseling anywhere you go. You can talk to a Franklin counselor in your living room, your car, or your office!
Norfolk County is practicing safe social distancing to stop the spread of coronavirus. While these are necessary steps in keeping every safe, it can have negative impacts on our mental health. COVID-19 anxiety, loneliness, boredom, and aggravated PTSD symptoms are all possible results of social isolating. Online therapy can take the edge off and give you healthy coping mechanisms so you can continue to live healthy and happy while social distancing.
Thriveworks Franklin is serving Norfolk county in two ways:
- Video therapy: Simply wait for your Franklin counselor too send you a link to a video counseling session at the appointed time. Grab your favorite drink and settle in!
- Telephone therapy: Your counselor will call you at the scheduled time and the counseling process will begin. Easy as that!
Online therapy is easy to use and is incredibly beneficial. Research says that online therapy has the same benefits as in-person therapy, with a few added benefits of its own.
- It’s convenient: You can get home from walking the dogs, warm up your coffee and start a counseling session all within a few minutes. Then you can switch to that online business meeting right after. With no drive-time, online therapy is convenient and easily fits into your schedule.
- It’s comfortable: Therapists have long known that keeping a counseling session comfortable is an easy way to improve the counseling process. For many people, the most comfortable spot to do counseling is their own home. When you are surrounded by things you love, counseling for trauma can be easier.
Video counseling and phone counseling for treating trauma is a viable option for those who can’t leave their home or choose not to for social distancing. Trauma is something no one deserves to go through, but healing is something everyone can choose. Thriveworks Franklin will walk with you every step of the way. Give us a call at (617) 360-7210 or schedule an online therapy session here.