What comes to mind when you think about health? You probably think about fitness, managing chronic conditions, and even maintaining a healthy diet. But did you consider mental health in your list? It’s just as important to check in with your mental wellbeing as it is your physical. Once you get an ache or pain, it nags at you until you give it proper attention with ice, medication, or a visit to your doctor. Well, what about your stress levels, fulfillment in your day to day activities, or the relationships you hold? It’s important to tend to these areas of mental wellbeing just as much as the physical.
Just because no one else can heal or do your inner work for you doesn’t mean you can, should, or need to do it alone. – Lisa Olivera
It’s time to start prioritizing your mental health just as much as your physical health. This might seem scary at first as for many of us, deciding to seek professional help might be uncharted territory. If you are unsure of where to start or don’t even know the specific reason as to why you need help, consider working with a professional psychologist.
Our licensed psychologists at Thriveworks Baltimore Counseling are highly trained with the extensive experience and skills needed to help you work through any challenge. They can assist you through relationship issues, family turmoil, the loss of a loved one, and even major life changes. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment with us, just call (410) 504-1575 to be connected with one of our scheduling specialists.
What Can a Psychologist Help Me With?
Thriveworks Baltimore Counseling has psychologists that understand how important it is to receive unique, individualized care. That’s why each client will receive a personal approach to their treatment by assessing your wants, needs, and goals with your therapist. By performing these assessments, it will help them understand what issues are at hand, which may include:
- Relationship issues such as infidelity, lack of trust, or decrease in intimacy
- Financial stress, potentially caused by change or loss of a job
- Mental illness like depression, anxiety, or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Overall stress management
- Coping with a physical illness
- Addiction recovery or how to cope with a loved one who has an addiction
- Major life transitions
- Loss of a loved one
- Family turmoil and challenges
- Low self-esteem and loneliness
- Lack of fulfillment in your career or daily life
This is just a list of some of the commonly seen issues of our clients, but they are not the only reasons you may need to book an appointment with one of our providers. It can be difficult to take the next step and accept that you may need to see treatment. However, by deciding to work towards a healthier mental state, you have already proven how strong you are! Just know that whatever you are going through, a psychologist will use their skills to help you overcome each obstacle.
How Will I Benefit from Working with a Psychologist?
By working with a psychologist at Thriveworks Baltimore, MD, you’ll be equipped with tools to help you:
- Overcome stress: Whether it’s stress from work, turmoil at home, or just the amount of things you need to get done on a day to day basis, you’ll be given tips and tricks on how to better manage your stress and recognize when you need to take a mental break
- Be more confident: By working with a psychologist, you will learn how to be more confident in all aspects of life. Being more confident means being happier!
- Heal from past trauma: Regardless if you are healing from a breakup or PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), it is important to find that relief in order to move on and live a happier and fuller life
Many people tend to ignore or brush off their mental health concerns and often don’t take a break to reflect on what they are actually feeling. It’s time to change this mentality and put our mental health first. Consider working with a psychologist at Thriveworks Baltimore Counseling to help you identify and overcome the issues you might be encountering.
Set up an Appointment with a Psychologist at Thriveworks Baltimore, MD
If you are ready to schedule an appointment with us, visit our online booking portal or connect with a scheduling specialist by calling (410) 504-1575. We offer appointments as soon as the day after your initial call. In addition, we have availability in the evenings and on weekends to offer our clients as much flexibility as possible. We can talk to you more about the services we offer and schedule your appointment when you feel ready.
We look forward to helping you thrive.